Dan Henderson: UFC still 'a little far apart' on idea of value for new contract
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/13...-value-for-new
However, in his last fight against Belfort -- the contract fight -- Henderson was knocked out for the first time in 40 professional bouts. Given the nature of the first two losses, and that he "got caught" with an uppercut against Belfort, Henderson feels that the UFC still wants him on its roster.

"I think they want me to come back," he said. "I don’t want to go anywhere else, it’s not even in my mind right now and I don’t think they want me to go anywhere else either. It’s just something where we’re a little far apart, and we need to sit down and get it hashed out."

Henderson said that he wouldn’t retire even if he and the UFC couldn’t reach an agreement. He also said that once a deal is reached, that he’s open about returning as a middleweight or a light heavyweight, depending on what’s wanted. As far as a timetable for returning to the cage, Henderson said that sometime in April or May would be his preference.

In speculating about the pending initial offer by the UFC that’s on the table right now, in conjunction with the outcome of his most recent fights, Henderson said the amount of overall events -- and diminishing returns on pay-per-view numbers -- might have something to do with it.

"I think, from what I’ve been hearing they’re trying to lower everyone’s purses win or lose, just because pay-per-view numbers aren’t as high as they used to be," he said. "They are having a lot more shows, a lot more pay-per-views, a lot more free cards, so obviously they’re going to do less PPVs when they’re offering so many more cards and shows. It’s just a little too watered down to get as many numbers as they used to on every pay-per-view card."