Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead

Default Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead

Mauricio Zingano, Husband and Head Coach of Cat Zingano Commits Suicide at Age 37

Sad news in the MMA community as it has been confirmed that Mauricio Zingano, husband of UFC top contender Cat Zingano has passed away.

Mauricio Zingano passed away last night, he was 37. The husband of UFC contender Cat Zingano, he was a father, head coach, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. Globo reports that Mauricio committed suicide last night. Obviously the thoughts, prayers, and condolences of everyone at Bloody Elbow go out to Cat at this time.

Yes, he hanged himself in Denver on Monday. It's something unexplainable, do not know what may have motivated him to do so. We were together and he was fine, had plans and a lifetime ahead. It's a tragedy. I'm going to Denver today to assist the Cat, who is devastated, does not know what to do - Guimarães said by phone.
    Please feel free to leave any kind words for Cat and her family at this impossibly difficult time, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
    Shocking and sad. My condolences to the Zingano family.

This shit pisses me off to no end. Its so selfish. You have a Kid and a wife! You possibly just ruined both of their lives due to your selfishness.

My condolences to his family.

Sad news, it is hard to imagine what his family must be going through and the unanswered questions they must have.

To say this has been a tough year or so for Cat is an understatement.

Disgusting. Feel bad for the Zingano family but that guy's just a piece of shit.

God this woman and amazing athlete cannot catch a break. I have to agree with many of you guys concerning how selfish this decision is for people who choose to commit suicide.
    Condolences for Ms. Zingano and her child.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yeah fuck him!
    Do I sense a hint of sarcasm good sir.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yes...yes you do.

And you need to get an XBox One. We miss you. All homo.
    I have been extremely busy which is why I have not been signing in.
    I plan to get an XBOXONE in the summer (Juneish/Julyish) but I miss you guys as well.
    "Victims aren't we all"

Default Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead

Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead in His Home

Mauricio Zingano, a former mixed martial arts fighter, MMA trainer, and the husband of UFC fighter Cat Zingano, was found dead at his Colorado home on Monday night.

Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Dan Pruett on Tuesday confirmed Zingano’s passing to MMAWeekly.com.

“Mr. Zingano was pronounced dead on Jan. 13 at his home,” said Pruett. “He was pronounced at 8:31 p.m.”

Citing struggles with the break-up of his marriage, several MMAWeekly.com sources alleged that Zingano committed suicide. Pruitt, however, said that “the cause and manner of death are pending” the outcome of the investigation of the Jefferson County coroner’s office.

Zingano and his academy have been staples of the Colorado mixed martial arts scene for the past decade. While Zingano BJJ primarily offered various martial arts classes to the community in the northern area of Metro Denver, several MMA fighters trained under Zingano, most notably his wife, Cat Zingano, who is currently the No. 1 UFC women’s bantamweight contender.

Mauricio, who was 37 years old at the time of his death, actively competed in mixed martial arts before shifting his focus to his academy in Colorado. He was undefeated as a mixed martial artist, compiling a professional record of 2-0-1, but also competed as an amateur and in various Gracie challenge matches.

He was a third degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and is one of the few to train with Master Helio Gracie, as well as with Rickson, Rorion, Rolker, Relson, and Royce Gracie.

Zingano was survived by his wife, Cat, and a son.

Thread Information