Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead

I changed the title because the cause of death is still speculation, and--once again--piss poor reporting by those assholes at bloody elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Disgusting. Feel bad for the Zingano family but that guy's just a piece of shit.
    try to show some class for a change.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

The act of hanging, choking, drowning, or any other form of asphyxiation as a means of suicide usually denotes a deep since of shame and or self loathing. It is one of the most painful ways to die and drawn out ways to die. People who commit suicide in this way are usually trying to punish themselves for something they can not forgive themselves for. I am truly sad for his family and for him. For those of you saying fuck him imagine if this was your friend or relative whose going through some shit and you ignored their phone call today cause that could of been their reach out before this. That is what all his friends and relatives are doing right now.

Tragedy for everyone involved.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I think that some of the responses on this thread are a very sad indication of the state of society's understanding of mental health issues and the piss poor availability of treatment for those in need or at risk. To shrug this off as a selfish act only serves to perpetuate the bias associated with mental illness. It is no surprise that so many individuals have a difficult time coming forward with their issues when in general they are met with the same ignorance and misunderstanding that drives those comments.

I would urge anyone in this forum to reserve the judgement for the experts who know a thing or two about this, keep your negative comments to yourself and instead take this opportunity to reflect and ask yourself if there is anyone in your life who could benefit by a little bit of compassion, understanding and openness.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Soooooooo... when is Cat gonna fight next?
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Some classy mother fuckers on here. Glad to be a part of this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Suicide is a cowardly act. Suicide is a really shitty act if you are married. Suicide is the ultimate selfish act if you have a child. Why have people completely taken accountability out of society? Even on the one act where you won't be around to hear the criticism, people don't want to blame the person who did the act. If anything, I think justifying suicide in any way would only (possibly) lead to more suicides, if the person still cares at all what others think of them.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Thoughts and prayers to the zigano family. Hopefully they can overcome.

some of you guys are fucking disgusting. wow...

My condolences go out to his family. The following is pending on if he did commit suicide.

There's a chance the guy actually tried to get help through counseling, medication, etc. and it could have been ineffective for him. Of all the areas of health care, I still think that mental health treatment is sadly lagging behind most, if not all, other fields.

There are very few things so frightening than being in a headspace where you constantly have to stop yourself from grabbing the rope, pulling the trigger or just letting go of everything and ending it. It does hurt everyone else around you, but in that moment there is only the impending feeling of release from all the suffering you either put yourself through or have been put through by circumstances beyond your control.

I tried to kill myself on two separate occasions. One by hanging and one by the run of the mill knife across the wrist. Both times I failed. I was a fifteen year old who had few friends (who were going through similar issues where one even overdosed), no significant other, and seemingly no hope of getting better. I still remember the car ride to the hospital with my mother crying asking what she did wrong, and I remember the subsequent ambulance ride to a mental facility for kids at 2 am.

I was sent to a psychiatrist who did nothing but prescribe pills and rarely listened to things I said in the sessions. I tried Zoloft, Paxil and Lexipro (I don't know if that's the correct spelling) and the last antidepressant only worked for a while. It's taken a lot of time and conversations with good friends, but I'm doing better. I never feel like I'm truly out of the woods when it comes to the darkness but I'm near the fringes.

I still have moments of self-hatred and doubt, but I look at where I am now versus where I was and I'm doing much better. A wife, three kids, a house I own, a job I work where I make enough to feed and clothe everyone. I'd be missing out on so damn much if I'd have succeeded in any attempt I made.

Again, IF he did commit suicide, I wish he could have found the right help.

Thread Information