+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mauricio Zingano, MMA Trainer and Husband of UFC Fighter Cat Zingano, Found Dead

Yea insurers don't pay shit if they even THINK it's a suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    1 - I don't get that attitude personally it seems very short sighted to to expect a person to live the short remainder of their life in agony instead of being able to go out on their own terms. It's that person's life and they should have the final say in how they want it to end given the choice. No one should have to suffer needlessly and to me it's selfish to think otherwise.

Is it a religious line of thought that makes you decide that this was wrong ?

2 - When you are in a mental state that you are willing to take your life you are not thinking rationally. In terms of thinking selfishly many people contemplating suicide will tell you they think they are lessening the burden to those around them but not having to deal with them anymore. At your lowest point you don;t really feel like you are being a positive influence to those around you including your kids.

Some people can deal with awful things happening in their life and continue moving forward others can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. People's brains work differently from one to the next what one person can rationalize as being not that bad another views it at the end of the world for them. Is one person anymore selfish then the other no not really they are just different in how they view things.

Focusing on the after effects of the suicide will cause you to overlook the triggers that caused it in the first place.

Differences aside on this sorry to hear about your grandmother and I hope when the time comes she is able to pass as peacefully and as comfortable as possible.
    I am a Christian, but I didn't bring up religion on purpose. I understand it in the case of a terminal illness far, far better than in the case of a healthy person doing it, but it's still selfish as in thinking about yourself. I'm not using selfish as a term that implies that I think some one is a monster. If you kill yourself, even if severely ill, you are taking away all hope for those who care about you, and were hoping or praying against all odds. Killing yourself to end pain, while somewhat understandable, is still an act where you are thinking about yourself most of all.

Yes, some people are more selfish than others if they think in a selfish way. I believe people are responsible for their actions. You don't have to agree with me. I understand most people don't. I'm just saying how I feel.

Thank you, I truly appreciate that. I am a little more sensitive to stuff like this today. I am literally typing this as I wait for my fiancée to get out the shower, so I can go get one, so I can go see my Grandma. I have mixed feelings on if I think it would be best if it were for the last time. I don't want her to die, but I don't want her to suffer. I want her to see me get married. I want her to see her future great grandchildren. I'm sure that's part of the reason she has fought, so it causes a really special kind of rage inside of me when somebody could have stuff like that, and just throws it away.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I am a Christian, but I didn't bring up religion on purpose. I understand it in the case of a terminal illness far, far better than in the case of a healthy person doing it, but it's still selfish as in thinking about yourself. I'm not using selfish as a term that implies that I think some one is a monster. If you kill yourself, even if severely ill, you are taking away all hope for those who care about you, and were hoping or praying against all odds. Killing yourself to end pain, while somewhat understandable, is still an act where you are thinking about yourself most of all.
    See for me this comes down to if the person being in pain is suffering I'm ok with the choices they make. I wouldn't want someone sticking around out of concern for my feelings/regard if they are at this stage

Yes, some people are more selfish than others if they think in a selfish way. I believe people are responsible for their actions. You don't have to agree with me. I understand most people don't. I'm just saying how I feel.
    I guess it's a matter of perspective and don't get me wrong I totally understand the line of thought of concern and anger about the effects this has on the people close to them.

But I have empathy though for the person that has gotten so low that the only rational conclusion is death for them and I wouldn't pass judgement on the person this person like so many others are doing when they have suffered as much as they did.

A feeling of disdain toward a person who takes their lives may also come from someone actually feeling a HIGH level of empathy/sympathy for the ones who have been left behind.

I don't condone calling the guy a scumbag but I certainly don't think it's one bit ridiculous to consider that those strong feelings come from a position of sympathizing with the children and wives who are left to wonder if it's something they did or could have done differently.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by simplejack View Post
    a feeling of disdain toward a person who takes their lives may also come from someone actually feeling a high level of empathy/sympathy for the ones who have been left behind.

I don't condone calling the guy a scumbag but i certainly don't think it's one bit ridiculous to consider that those strong feelings come from a position of sympathizing with the children and wives who are left to wonder if it's something they did or could have done differently.
    *tapping nose, with index finger*

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    A feeling of disdain toward a person who takes their lives may also come from someone actually feeling a HIGH level of empathy/sympathy for the ones who have been left behind.

I don't condone calling the guy a scumbag but I certainly don't think it's one bit ridiculous to consider that those strong feelings come from a position of sympathizing with the children and wives who are left to wonder if it's something they did or could have done differently.
    True, but being a dick is being a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

Certainly I can understand strong feelings of sympathy and empathy for the ones left behind.. but hate and disdain for the person that committed suicide is the wrong way of showing support to those that need it. (at least from my perspective)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information