+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gsp: Less strenuous drug testing influenced break from ufc

...of course, dana's phones only work one way. He can't possibly expect himself to "be a man" and reach out to Georges.

Talking to the media is only un-manly if someone other than dana does it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Dana's hegemonic hypermasculinity is utter bullshit as always, but with somebody as incredibly high profile as GSP, the word "KID GLOVES" screams to my mind.

ZUFFA keep coming off as villainous goons and are completely mishandling the entire GSP situation, which Dana especially has fucked up from jump street.

I thought he said Bellator wasn't competition for the UFC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Obviously the UFC will never do tons of tests, everybody knows that most of fighters are on PEDs, so what would happen if there are tests all the time? Plenty of fighters will get caught, suspended, plenty of cards will be cancelled and at the end Zuffa will lose tons of money, and money is the only thing they care about.

He is absolutely right when he says that no one can say what he think because then he will get punished.
    I mean, you make some anti gay comment and UFC can fire you, as if it is a MUST to be in favour of a man banging another man's anus.

As for DW, there is absolutely nothing to say. He is a ridiculous goofball that if it was not for the Ferttitas he would now be cleaning bathrooms at some McDonalds.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I thought he said Bellator wasn't competition for the UFC?
    His whole $40 billion cap that Viacom has is just idiotic reasoning of how UFC is not a monopoly. It's not like Viacom's only product is Bellator where they can dish all their money into. For Zuffa, there is only UFC. UFC is worth a 100x more than Bellator.

Last edited by Qball1974; 01-18-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Obviously the UFC will never do tons of tests, everybody knows that most of fighters are on PEDs,
    lots of folks have been saying something very similar to this since the beginning of time and my question to them is how do u actually know and whom is it? I never get a logical factual answer its always some bs like "oh come on everybody knows" or "you have to be blind or retarted to not realize" but never proof to support vague or specific percentages.

NEW MMA RULE: if anyone claims more than 0% of current fighters are taking illegal PEDs that individual must name atleast one person whom they know for a fact took PEDs and provide evidence or at least some sort of logical explanation obviously the more suspects and evidence u provide the better otherwise said individual should shut up. Its not snitching its how you make a valid argument. MMA media needs to go back to college and learn how to make and support educated arguments based in relevant facts. Instead we have the MMA Beat hosted by Ariel Helwani where Mindenhall qouting a highly unfounded claim from k-sos from an old interview becomes the equivalent of bringing up a good point. People the UFC does not support cheaters they just happen to exist but it should not be like finding Bigfoot, the people who claim to be in the know should actually be able reveal them.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 01-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    NEW MMA RULE: if anyone claims more than 0% of current fighters are taking illegal PEDs that individual must name atleast one person whom they know for a fact took PEDs and provide evidence or at least some sort of logical explanation obviously the more suspects and evidence u provide the better otherwise said individual should shut up. Its not snitching its how you make a valid argument. MMA media needs to go back to college and learn how to make and support educated arguments based in relevant facts. Instead we have the MMA Beat hosted by Ariel Helwani where Mindenhall qouting a highly unfounded claim from k-sos from an old interview becomes the equivalent of bringing up a good point. People the UFC does not support cheaters they just happen to exist but it should not be like Bigfoot the people who claim to be in the know show actually be able reveal them.
    So fighters should pretend PED use does not exist because they do not have private investigators to get documentation of other fighters' PED use. That's ridiculous.

To think that NSAC has the ability to catch every single PED is absolutely hilarious. NSAC only does urine testing. EPO, HGH and hematocrit cannot be caught by urine. HGH is prevalent as hell in MMA and to think otherwise is naive. HGH testing, alone, costs 600 a pop. It would be too expensive to catch everything. I wouldn't rule Hendricks, or any other fighter, as entirely legit until he was tested by something beyond NSAC, which is not only incompetent in their judges and refs but PED testing as well.

If the UFC truly cared that their fighters were legit, they would apply blood testing and random testing. Before the UFC blew up, it had already been known by boxing fans that Nevada is a cheater's paradise. NSAC does little more than steroid and narcotic testing; they are stuck in the 1970's.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 01-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.

You dont have to pretend zero fighters are on it but u also have no right to pretend a specific individual or percentage of individuals are on illegal PEDs without bringing forth some reasonable evidence. What are folks judging mma fighters on, appearence? Giving out percentages is ridiculous no one is qualified to give out percentages except maybe the athletic commissions and even those wouldnt be accurate.

10. Default

I would say not every fighter that would piss hot knew they were, and here are two of my reasons. 1 supplament companies want to make there product better than others and not all of their custumers get tested to know it's a hot product.
    2nd doctors will treat you with it as it's leagal and has quick results without telling you. They did me only found out months later reading my transscripts. You would have to demand what not or to use on you before hand.
    Also trainers can be part of it to wanting there fighter to win without telling them. Whats the old saying your only cheating if you get caught

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information