Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Gsp: Less strenuous drug testing influenced break from ufc

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Rebney: UFC's comment about GSP 'tasteless'


    Bellator MMA CEO Bjorn Rebney today said the UFC hit a new low this past week when it responded to a series of statements made by former welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre.

    “The UFC set the bar pretty high in terms of tasteless comments, but their recent comments about GSP are probably, in my mind, the most tasteless comments they’ve made in sometime,” Rebney said during a teleconference announcing the promotion’s Season 10 light-heavyweight tournament.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    As much as I am pissed off about how Dana has been acting towards gsp since he took his hiatus, why the flying fuck does Bjorn Rebney think it's his place to publicly comment about it?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    Probably because A: He was asked. B: dfw takes every opportunity to comment on him and how he treats his fighters.

    Just a hunch.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Probably because A: He was asked. B: dfw takes every opportunity to comment on him and how he treats his fighters.

    Just a hunch.
    That is true however Dana is more important than Bjorn as much of an asshole that he can be his opinion matters. Bjorn's doesn't. It seems as if Bjorn went out of his way to say this in a media call as if he was some great prophet.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is true however Dana is more important than Bjorn as much of an asshole that he can be his opinion matters. Bjorn's doesn't.
    Really?

    Because you think Dana is more important than Bjorn, you feel it is ok for Dana to publicly shit talk Bellator but it is not ok for Bjorn to comment on anything UFC?

    As Dana mentioned just the other day, Viacom matters. Bjorn's puppet masters have a $40 billion empire, I would say that means Bjorn's opinions matter.

    It seems as if Bjorn went out of his way to say this in a media call as if he was some great prophet.
    As already explained to you. Bjorn answered a question, he did not go out of his way to say anything.. Unless you think he planted the media member who asked the question. Bjorn pointing out how shitty and immature DFW has been handling the GSP case is not a prophecy.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is true however Dana is more important than Bjorn as much of an asshole that he can be his opinion matters. Bjorn's doesn't. It seems as if Bjorn went out of his way to say this in a media call as if he was some great prophet.
    Bjorn's opinion may not matter to you, but it is a popular sentiment. DFW is a douche.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Really?

    Because you think Dana is more important than Bjorn, you feel it is ok for Dana to publicly shit talk Bellator but it is not ok for Bjorn to comment on anything UFC?

    As Dana mentioned just the other day, Viacom matters. Bjorn's puppet masters have a $40 billion empire, I would say that means Bjorn's opinions matter.



    As already explained to you. Bjorn answered a question, he did not go out of his way to say anything.. Unless you think he planted the media member who asked the question. Bjorn pointing out how shitty and immature DFW has been handling the GSP case is not a prophecy.
    The article states no where that he was asked the question, it appeared that they asked him about the monopoly comments and BJorn decided to talk about the rest of it on his own.I'm puzzled as to why you didn't read the entire article when you are the one who posted it.

    Also stop putting words in my mouth I never said it was ok but it is a different situation.

    It pisses me of that Bjorn feels he is important enough to go out of his way in a teleconference(if he was actual signifcant he would have a real press conference) to try and build his name.

    I find it ironic that you are shitting on me for my psots when you aren't even comprehedning what you are reading in articles or posts.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The article states no where that he was asked the question, it appeared that they asked him about the monopoly comments and BJorn decided to talk about the rest of it on his own.I'm puzzled as to why you didn't read the entire article when you are the one who posted it.

    Also stop putting words in my mouth I never said it was ok but it is a different situation.

    It pisses me of that Bjorn feels he is important enough to go out of his way in a teleconference(if he was actual signifcant he would have a real press conference) to try and build his name.

    I find it ironic that you are shitting on me for my psots when you aren't even comprehedning what you are reading in articles or posts.
    I think you are confused.

    17:50 - Bjorn was asked about his opinion on the situation between UFC and GSP.



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Dan Hardy: Georges St-Pierre should have handed Johny Hendricks the belt after UFC 167
    Hardy (via Fight Now TV) shares his thoughts on the situation, which is seemingly now spinning out of control:

    "I think it left the whole division and the whole situation kind of awkward. A lot of people weren't happy with the decision. A lot of people don't feel GSP's in a situation right now where he can just step away from the sport because there are a lot of questions left unanswered."

    What could "Rush" have done different?

    "The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is the way it was finished, the way it came to an end. I watched the press conference and, for me, the best thing to do would have been for Georges to walk out, hand Johny Hendricks the belt and say, 'I'm done for a while, when I want the belt back I'll come and get it.' Just left it at that. I just feel like it would have been the right thing to do for the sport, for his brand, to [say], 'There you go. I don't feel like I earned the belt tonight. I'll come back and get it when I do.' Then if he does come out of retirement and get the belt, imagine how people would view him. Best champion of all time."

    Hardy also thinks "Big Rigg" could have helped his cause, too, citing comments Hendricks' made at the post-fight press conference about not putting everything he had behind his punches because his hands are brittle.

    "[Hendricks] said after the fight that he was only throwing with 70 percent of his power. I understand it, it was a smart, tactical thing to do, but once you pass the first two or three rounds, and he's still there, you've got to go get the belt. You've got to go take it.

    Now, as the division moves forward without St-Pierre, Hardy understands the former champion's decision to step away, hoping that in the long run it leads to a better person ... and fighter. After all, Hardy is no stranger to "time away" thanks to his mysterious heart ailment that has kept him feeling "fine" but out of competition for more than one year.

    "If he's taking time to step away from the sport, he needs it. There's a reason for it. We don't really want to see Georges St-Pierre compete at anything other than 100 percent. He's not the champion if he's not 100 percent. We need to see him at his best. If there's something outside the sport that's affecting him we're not going to see his best in the sport. If he says it's time to step away then he should."

    Having said all of that, even though St-Pierre technically "went out on top" -- perhaps because Hendricks failed to go for the kill -- Hardy still feels that the judges got it wrong that fateful night.

    "I think [St-Pierre] lost the fight. I think he retained his belt, but I think he lost the fight."

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,937

    Default

    bjorn rebney's opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dan hardy's opinion.

    My first reaction was "what crap site is asking Hardy to weigh in on this?" and while it wasn't the original crap interview, I got a kick out of the fact that the hack who wrote it for mmamania couldn't make it past the first sentence without misspelling a word. Which is about as great a statement on the worth of the piece as anyone could ever make.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •