+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Dana White says St-Pierre's concerns about MMA drug-testing are 'a little kooky'

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He does not give a shit about what others have done for him. Randy Couture is also one of the greatest fighters in UFC history and Dana talks about him as if he is some piece of shit.
    He only cares about the present, he only cares about money. You give him money today? He is your friend and everything is good.
    You decide to retire tomorrow? He does not give a shit about you and about what you have done.

    And still there are people defending that fucking idiot, lool the most pathetic thing is how some people call him "Uncle Dana".
    I have been saying for years that he is stupid douchebag, but most of you thought that I am simply a hater because he said bad things about Fedor.

    Well here you have your dear "uncle" Dana, he has talked shit about many good fighters. Now he is disrespecting GSP, next time he will disrespect Cain velasquez....oh wait, he already did that after the first Cigano fight.

    He is a fucking 40 year old that has the attitude of some bitchy 8 year old boy. Fuck him!
    who is defending him? this entire thread seems to be everybody bashing him.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    who is defending him? this entire thread seems to be everybody bashing him.
    Its ok, Pashak doesn't actually read articles or responses. Hes just concerned with getting his "fuck the UFC/fuck Dana White" quotient up.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Where exactly is he shitting on St. Pierre? I just read the article and didnt see one thing that I thought. "man, that is disrespectful to St. Pierre".

    All he did was disgree with what Georges said; and wished he would have came to him man to man (yes I know that is hypocritical of Dana). But dont see anything really disrespectful here.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Where exactly is he shitting on St. Pierre? I just read the article and didnt see one thing that I thought. "man, that is disrespectful to St. Pierre".

    All he did was disgree with what Georges said; and wished he would have came to him man to man (yes I know that is hypocritical of Dana). But dont see anything really disrespectful here.
    It's not just what Dana is saying about GSP that is disrespectful, it's the fact that he is saying anything about GSP is disrespectful. GSP has earned the right to step away from the sport at anytime, and shouldn't be criticized for any reason for doing so. GSP never did what many UFC stars have done in the past, no contract disputes (Randy Couture), no ducking certain fighters (Tons of different guys have done this), no controversy (until now).

    I don't share the hate for Dana White that so many of you guys do, and I'm not exactly GSP fan either, but I do respect the man, and I think he has done enough for the UFC to be respected by the UFC brass.

    But hey, that is just my opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    As long as you're the champ it's an endless contract. GSP gave up the belt so I'm not sure how many if any fights he'd owe, anyone have an idea?
    I couldn't find anything that pointed exactly how many fights are on his contract, but apparently he is still under contract, which is frozen until if/when he returns.

    Georges St-Pierre's UFC contract is frozen until he returns from 'indefinite' hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAmania View Post
    Once "Rush" dropped off the call, UFC President Dana White was asked the status of St-Pierre's contract with the promotion. White confirmed that while he was free to pursue options outside of MMA, St-Pierre's contract with the UFC was frozen until he returned from his indefinite sabbatical.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    who is defending him? this entire thread seems to be everybody bashing him.
    I am not talking about this thread.

    Its ok, Pashak doesn't actually read articles or responses. Hes just concerned with getting his "fuck the UFC/fuck Dana White" quotient up.
    Well I read what you wrote so you are wrong.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    So nobody is bothered by the fact that GSP left the sport as a champ that clearly should have lost his last decision fight and still has not given a straight and complete answer regarding why he left. was it personal problems or being burnout or problems with the UFC or will there be more excuses or new retractions? Always liked GSP but he has not handled any of this well. Who here in their normal day to day lives and occupations can prance around at work saying people are cheating or stealing or whatever without giving names and facts to support those claims while at the same time marching to a holier than thou beat. GSP hasn't given any solid facts and if he does if fact have specific carnal knowledge that he will not share then isn't he perpetuating the very problem he claims to want to solve?
    Dana and Co are not protecting cheaters. Georges had plenty of chances to speak his mind before and after his last fight before vacating the belt simply telling the media to read between the lines is not forthcoming its just inviting chaotic speculation and a smoke screen for his exit.
    Most of us want to believe GSP wholeheartedly and support him but this is not a good guy vs bad guy dispute its sour grapes run amok. So yeah its all very kooky

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    So nobody is bothered by the fact that GSP left the sport as a champ that clearly should have lost his last decision fight and still has not given a straight and complete answer regarding why he left.
    First of all the fight was very close, you can not say that he clearly should have lost.
    And anyway that has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

    And seconldy, it is not his obligation to tell the whole world why he decided to retire.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Its ok, Pashak doesn't actually read articles or responses. Hes just concerned with getting his "fuck the UFC/fuck Dana White" quotient up.
    Not really. Pash already explained himself.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    So nobody is bothered by the fact that GSP left the sport as a champ that clearly should have lost his last decision fight and still has not given a straight and complete answer regarding why he left. was it personal problems or being burnout or problems with the UFC or will there be more excuses or new retractions? Always liked GSP but he has not handled any of this well. Who here in their normal day to day lives and occupations can prance around at work saying people are cheating or stealing or whatever without giving names and facts to support those claims while at the same time marching to a holier than thou beat. GSP hasn't given any solid facts and if he does if fact have specific carnal knowledge that he will not share then isn't he perpetuating the very problem he claims to want to solve?
    Dana and Co are not protecting cheaters. Georges had plenty of chances to speak his mind before and after his last fight before vacating the belt simply telling the media to read between the lines is not forthcoming its just inviting chaotic speculation and a smoke screen for his exit.
    Most of us want to believe GSP wholeheartedly and support him but this is not a good guy vs bad guy dispute its sour grapes run amok. So yeah its all very kooky
    he did not "clearly" lose.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Where exactly is he shitting on St. Pierre? I just read the article and didnt see one thing that I thought. "man, that is disrespectful to St. Pierre".

    All he did was disgree with what Georges said; and wished he would have came to him man to man (yes I know that is hypocritical of Dana). But dont see anything really disrespectful here.
    Saying this "Everything Georges St-Pierre says is a little kooky" seems disrespectful to me. Especially when you consider he is a long time employee who has he made you a ton of money and is your top PPV draw and has been nothing but respectful to the UFC and the sport itself and has been a a great ambassador.

    There were certainly many different roads Dana could have approached this whole GSP situation with and for the most part he's chosen to use criticism instead of respect.
    Last edited by Rise; 01-18-2014 at 09:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •