+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phil Davis planning to fight Glover Texeira since Jones won’t make it to title fight

Quote Originally Posted by hurt80 View Post
    someone refresh my memory, when was Davis ever the number one contender?
    Twice in the past year.

Before the Jones title shot and before the Gustafsson got his push.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I hope Davis is just being paranoid but if Jones does pull out of this fight, or it gets pushed back yet again I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
    I just think he is just trolling.

Davis will never be champ. He's just a grinder for the most part. I still don't understand how he got the nod over Machida either.

With that said. He easily grinds Texeira to a UD. If he really must fight, I'd say what about Bader? I mean there's no available fight to build him up anyway. Or if Gus backs out with an injury, let him face Manuwa.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Davis will never be champ. He's just a grinder for the most part. I still don't understand how he got the nod over Machida either.
    Octagon and grappling control. Davis will be a perpetual top 5 and has shown the ability.

I still don't understand how people think Gustafsson should have got the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post

With that said. He easily grinds Texeira to a UD. If he really must fight, I'd say what about Bader? I mean there's no available fight to build him up anyway. Or if Gus backs out with an injury, let him face Manuwa.
    Cause Machida wastes to much timebeing elusive and avoiding confrontation. He spends way to much time trying to seek out the perfect counter pucnh/kick that when it doesn't come he is essentially inactive in as far as match scoring goes.

Agreed though Bader is about the best name he can call out at this point and that's what he should be doing,

This is all Machida's fault.

So has Jones ever pulled out of a fight? No? Okay good, im glad all of us outside of Phil Davis could figure that one out.

September 27, 2014

UFC 151 says hello

What does UFC 151 have to do with Jones pulling out of a fight¿
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    What does UFC 151 have to do with Jones pulling out of a fight¿
    He was offered several viable replacement opponents after Dan Henderson pulled out. Even after being told that the rest of the fighters on the card weren't getting paid, the card would be cancelled, and it was costing the company something ridiculous like 30 million dollars, he still opted to not compete on the card.

Also, UFC 169, 170, and 171 say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information