Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bisping vs. Kennedy targeted for April 16th

Default Bisping vs. Kennedy targeted for April 16th

Bisping vs. Kennedy targeted for April 16th

Sources close to the situation confirmed the bout to FOX Sports on Saturday, but the fight has not been signed nor have bout agreements been issued for one major reason.

"I was cleared to fight by my doctor. My doctor wrote a letter to the UFC, clearing me 100%. The UFC very kindly offered me a fight against Tim Kennedy. No bout agreements are signed as yet, but unfortunately for me the UFC want to do some more testing to cover their side of things. They don't want anything to go wrong with my eye," Bisping told BT Sport's Beyond the Octagon earlier this week.

"So I've got to do a visual field test, that should be taking place pretty quickly, I'm assuming. I want to get it done ASAP and get this fight locked away."

Sources have confirmed that the UFC is targeting the middleweight bout for the April 16 card, but again it all depends on Bisping's health before the fight can be signed.

It's interesting that zuffa would choose Kennedy over Rockhold, or if they offered him both that pip would chose to fight Tim over Luke.

I think both of them beat him, but Rockhold would get him closer to a title shot if he caught lightning in a bottle.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I am not sure why it isn't Rockhold considering he just called him out. Maybe Rockhold does another fight and if he wins gets the winner of Bisping/Kennedy.

Eh, I guess I don't really care either way tbh.

Do they mean April 19th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    It's interesting that zuffa would choose Kennedy over Rockhold, or if they offered him both that pip would chose to fight Tim over Luke.

I think both of them beat him, but Rockhold would get him closer to a title shot if he caught lightning in a bottle.

rh
    Bisping isn't exactly known for facing the highest level of competition. So no surprise here for me. He'll probably even call for a title shot after this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Not sure why people are surprised Kennedy is the easier fight.. Bisping wants the easy route to the title and Zuffa wants to keep him relevant.

All these guys calling out bisping is turning me into a fan of his

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Do they mean April 19th?
    no April 16th is the Wednesday before the Orlando card. That is when the Ultimate Fighter Australia vs Canada finale is.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

9. Default

------------------

I can watch that GIF for hours on end its fucking beautiful.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information