+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana White not willing to let boxing die, ready to 'make something out of it'

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    For some reason I just remembered Vince McMahon and the WBF... or Vince McMahon and the XFL...
    Don't worry, Dana doesn't have the dough to waste on things of that scale, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    For some reason I just remembered Vince McMahon and the WBF... or Vince McMahon and the XFL...
    Ha, good chance of this happening to Dana. Can't imagine that the established boxing promoters would want to snub him out of the business.

Well, how about that Jones vs. Silva fight now Dana? That could easily headline a ppv.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Hating absolutely everything about Dana aside, does anyone else have a problem with the mainstream face of mma having a raging mega huge boner for one branch of martial arts? If not, try watching TUF, and listen to him shit on wrestling based fighters.
    That is right. We usually complain about people bashing wrestling, however the president of the UFC does exactly the same thing.

I think this is Pasha's politically correct way of saying he wants Dana dead hahaha
    Hahaha nah, I do not want him to die. The only people I really wish death is to murderers, kidnappers, rapists etc.
    Dana White is just a clown, I don't wish him death. I hope he lives for many more years and lives very happily. I just wish he quits his job and goes far far away so we never have to read or listen anything he has to say ever again.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    That is right. We usually complain about people bashing wrestling, however the president of the UFC does exactly the same thing.

Hahaha nah, I do not want him to die. The only people I really wish death is to murderers, kidnappers, rapists etc.
    Dana White is just a clown, I don't wish him death. I hope he lives for many more years and lives very happily. I just wish he quits his job and goes far far away so we never have to read or listen anything he has to say ever again.
    While I agree that Dana acts like a clown and says some of the more retarded stuff in the MMA world, the fact is he still has the job because Fertitas believe he is doing a fine job. Yes, as fans we may think Dana has out lived his presence as the man who will lead MMA to new heights, but in the end our opinions mean shit, and both Frank and Lorenzo Fertitas' opinions are what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    While I agree that Dana acts like a clown and says some of the more retarded stuff in the MMA world, the fact is he still has the job because Fertitas believe he is doing a fine job. Yes, as fans we may think Dana has out lived his presence as the man who will lead MMA to new heights, but in the end our opinions mean shit, and both Frank and Lorenzo Fertitas' opinions are what matters.
    You couldn't be more wrong. They would can Dana in a second if ratings/buys dropped enough, and they connected the drops, in any way, with his behavior. The fans decide that stuff. Look at the whole recent Duck Dynasty situation, Phil Robertson got unsuspended real quick because the fans of the show went nuts. Leaving all sides out of it, that's what it comes down to. Networks and companies care about money. They get their money from viewers/fans. If something is standing in the way of their profit flow, they will make necessary changes. With Dana it's simply a matter of he still attracts more drunken jackasses, because of his "in your face" attitude, than hardcore fans he pushes away with his "out of his ass" attitude. My prediction is that the UFC will feel the sting of losing some hardcore fans very soon because they have exhausted their possibilities, more or less, for their super fight crap, couple that with pretty much losing their two most recognizable champions, and I think they are going to suffer. I don't think the kind of fan Dana attracts is interested in much of what they are going to be offering. Cain PPVs will probably do well, as will Bones-Gus 2, maybe Weidman and Hendricks, I don't know. I just think Dana is an arrogant, disrespectful hype man, and there isn't much there when the hype dies down.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information