Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chris leben announces retirement from mma

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The cat has finally been smashed. I always loved watching Leben fight. Such an entertaining guy and fighter but its definitely time to hang up the gloves. WAR LEBEN!!!

Also whoever said he is definitely a hall of fame inductee, he definitely shouldn't be but it is entirely possible because its not a real hall of fame its whoever the fuck Dana wants. For example Stephan Bonnar had a mediocre at est career and got caught juicing multiple times yet is still in.
    And the fact that Frank Shamrock isn't in the hall of fame shows how much of a joke the ufc hall of fame is.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    really? just because chris leben retired...?

you've got to be kidding me...
    Yes. Leben has proved time and time again to be one of the most exciting fighters to ever step foot in that cage. I'm upset that one of my favourite fighters is hanging it up. Wouldn't you be upset if Jones retired tomorrow? I mean, after the devastating loss to Gustafsson, and his apparent reluctance to fight Glover would you be surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wise choice.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

4. 01-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yes. Leben has proved time and time again to be one of the most exciting fighters to ever step foot in that cage. I'm upset that one of my favourite fighters is hanging it up. Wouldn't you be upset if Jones retired tomorrow? I mean, after the WIN AGAINST Gustafsson, and his apparent TIME OFF BEFORE the fight with Glover
    Sorry, before i responded i had to fix a few errors in your post. Its good now.

Onto my response, like i said this isnt Fedor, or Jones, or Chuck or anyone with a big name retiring. This is 1-5 in his last 6 fights, multiple failed drug tests, should have been cut 3 fights ago Chris Leben. Sorry i havent been thrown in a depression over a mediocre fighters retirement that is 3 years overdue like a few of you have on here.

Thanks for the memories! As a fellow Alcoholic, I wish you the best in your endeavours if you somehow or someway see this. I tread with you brother.

Hate to see him go, but glad he was around as long as he was. Hope he finds peace and a place in the world. Hopefully he finds that fire again.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Chris Leben pens letter to fans about UFC retirement, will now coach Victory MMA in San Diego

"Dear fans:

Man, it's been a long couple weeks pondering this real big decision. My career was one hell of a roller coaster ride. Highs and lows and everything in between, but I wouldn't change anything. It's made me who I am today. And without all of you, there's no way I could have got through it. The facebook, tweets, emails, all the people that stood behind me through the ups and downs, you were my motivation and my drive. Thank you. But I gotta say, I've had the most fights in the middleweight division, I've landed the most strikes in the UFC, certainly don't have the best record, but my opponents always knew they were getting in a fight! The UFC is the cream of the crop. The UFC athletes are getting better every year. I survived almost 10 years in the gauntlet that we call the UFC. It's my time to bow out from competing, certainly not from this sport. Time for me to make the switch over to coaching, cornering, and helping younger fighters in any way I can. If you're in San Diego, I'll be coaching the team at Victory, please stop in and drop by to say hi. Yeah, I'm not going to make this a tear jerker, I'm gonna miss it, I'm going to miss you guys, thank you so much! Peace i'm out! LOL"

Its about time. I love to watch the guy but he didn't need anymore shots to the head or emotionally/ mentally detrimental losses. But Chris I wish you the best in all your endeavors and challenges and thanks souch for all the highlight reel footage!!!
    Except for the wanderlei footage. You can still go fuck yourself for that one

'Better' Chris Leben admits to spending most of the money he made fighting in UFC on illegal drugs
    Obviously, Leben said he had no regrets for leaving his bad habits, because it made him a better person outside of the Octagon. Whether or not his addiction actually played a factor into winning or losing, is another story.

Furthermore, Chris revealed that all of the money he was making while fighting was spent on illegal drugs.

"It really is better now. The bottom line is, especially with all the illegal drugs, I was spending all the money I was making anyways. Six in one, half dozen in the other. I used to fight the way I fought, I didn't give a shit. ‘Fuck this, I could die tomorrow, let's go out there and I'm gonna fucking kill this guy!' That fire, I'd be lying if I said that fire was still in me these past couple fights. It hasn't been. I hate to admit it, but shit's going okay at home. My life's alright. I'm a lot more of a mellow guy. Just getting older, I guess. I don't even know. I don't know how to explain it."

Thread Information