Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chris leben announces retirement from mma

Glad he decided to hang em up. The last three fights he looked like a absolute zombie out there

He's definitely a MMA Hall Of Fame inductee. he's right up there with Tank Abbott and Don Frye. He brought it every time and left nothing in the cage. Kill or be killed. So many fighters nowadays play it safe and "smart", just get the decision, control position, circle and peck. Chris Leban was a REAL fighter. Yeah he had his demons, but he fought those too and will continue that fight. He's an example of a flawed man fighting to be something better and I hope he continues to make his fans and loved ones proud. One of the ultimate tough guys, Chris "The Crippler" Leban. Good luck and thanks for all the years of pure excitement!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post

Pretty much sums up how I feel about this.
    really? just because chris leben retired...?

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    He's definitely a MMA Hall Of Fame inductee. he's right up there with Tank Abbott and Don Frye.
    you've got to be kidding me...
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 01-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    really? just because chris leben retired...?

you've got to be kidding me...
    C'mon man. Don't be a hater.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Leben's one of those guys who I worry about down the line and he's only 33 now, so I'm glad to hear this, especially given how poorly he's looked in those five losses out of his last six and how slow he'd looked since coming back from the last failed drug test.

The Simpson/Akiyama turnaround was an awesome run though.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    C'mon man. Don't be a hater.
    Im not hating, but lets not pretend this is Fedor retiring or something. Fe is all up in arms over the annoucement (apparently) and then the other guy calling him a MMA hall of famer....what a fucking joke that was.

Lets call a spade a spade and a heart a heart - leben was mediocre at best. Not saying he didnt provide us with some entertaining fights but lets get a grip.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

The cat has finally been smashed. I always loved watching Leben fight. Such an entertaining guy and fighter but its definitely time to hang up the gloves. WAR LEBEN!!!

Also whoever said he is definitely a hall of fame inductee, he definitely shouldn't be but it is entirely possible because its not a real hall of fame its whoever the fuck Dana wants. For example Stephan Bonnar had a mediocre at est career and got caught juicing multiple times yet is still in.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 01-20-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Im not hating, but lets not pretend this is Fedor retiring or something. Fe is all up in arms over the annoucement (apparently) and then the other guy calling him a MMA hall of famer....what a fucking joke that was.

Lets call a spade a spade and a heart a heart - leben was mediocre at best. Not saying he didnt provide us with some entertaining fights but lets get a grip.
    He's in the hall of fame of my heart.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I hear you Bonesknows but HOF isn't reserved for only the champions.
    Hall of 'FAME'. Ten years in the UFC main cards and some of the sports most entertaining fights . Thats more than enough fame.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    He's in the hall of fame of my heart.

Thread Information