Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson 2 set for March in Brazil

Default Report: Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson 2 set for March in Brazil

Report: Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson 2 set for March in Brazil

By Tim Burke @TB_Money on Jan 20 2014, 6:54p

One of the greatest fights in UFC history is apparently going down again in March. Mauricio Rua and Dan Henderson went to war at UFC 139 in 2011 and it was Henderson that pulled out the unanimous decision. According to Tatame, he'll get the chance to make it two for two on a Fight Night Card from Brazil. The bout hasn't been confirmed by the UFC as of yet, but my guess is that it will very soon.
    Shogun (22-8) is coming off a thunderous knockout win over James Te Huna at UFC Fight Night 33, which broke a two-fight losing streak for the former UFC light heavyweight champion. He has surprisingly just fought once in Brazil in his UFC run, stopping Forrest Griffin in the first round at UFC 134.
    Hendo (29-11) has been in a slump of late and actually hasn't won a bout since the first win over Shogun. He's lost three straight since, and was stopped by TKO for the first time in his career by Vitor Belfort last time out in November. There had been talk that he was having some issues in contract negotiations with the promotion, but apparently that's been cleared up with this booking.
    You'd have to expect that the bout will be the main event of the March 23rd card in Natal. Only a couple of other fights have been announced for the card thus far.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/20...arch-in-brazil
    Follow the link for the whole article....here's hoping.

I don't think either of their brains can take another fight like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

It gets finished within two rounds if it happens. No fucking clue who wins.

The last article I read said that Henderson and the UFC weren't close on a new contract yet. I really don't want to see this fight cause I don't want to see either fighter loose

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    The last article I read said that Henderson and the UFC weren't close on a new contract yet. I really don't want to see this fight cause I don't want to see either fighter loose
    You would think it is a short term contract at Hendo's age. With that said, War Henderson.

I really hate this fight, mainly because i don't want to see either lose. The loser is almost forced to retire or their stock at least plummets tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Well both of them have looked like shit lately. I think SHogun wins this time, specially because they are fighting in Brazil.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

If Henderson loses a 4th straight fight, I think he's done. The UFC will pressure him to retire and not give him another fight if he objects. I'd love to see him get a fight against someone who doesn't match up well against his style to get him into the win column before taking a fight like this.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

10. 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM

YESSSSSS

"DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information