+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC lightweight Edson Barboza calls out Nate Diaz, Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone

Default UFC lightweight Edson Barboza calls out Nate Diaz, Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone

UFC lightweight Edson Barboza calls out Nate Diaz, Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone

After going 3-0 in 2013, Edson Barboza believes he’s due for a big opportunity.

Barboza told MMAjunkie he’ll fight any top-10 opponent, but a trio of names stand out: Nate Diaz, Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone.

“It is my time, I need to fight those guys,” said Barboza (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) via translator.
    “I need the opportunity to fight against those guys,” Barboza said. “I am ranked No. 11, so the only guys who are above me are the top 10. I need to fight those guys to get to my goal which is getting that belt. I earned that opportunity.”

In his most recent appearance, Barboza outpointed Danny Castillo at UFC on FOX 9, which capped off an impressive 2013 where he stopped Lucas Martins in the first round at UFC on FX 7 and pulverized Rafaello Oliveira’s leg en route to a TKO at UFC 162.

After four wins in his first four UFC outings, Barboza’s momentum was halted in mid-2012 by an upset loss to Jamie Varner at UFC 146.

With that setback in the rearview mirror, Barboza is focused on an active 2014 against top competition.

“I think those fights would be interesting because they are the best one in my division, and I feel I am part of the best ones as well,” he said. “So, I know if I fight one of those names, it would be a great show for the fans who will be watching those fights.”

Jim Miller throws him a beating.

I would love to see him kick the shit out of Diaz's leg... or head. I honestly don't think that would be a good fight for Nate to take. Miller would probably crush Edson, and Cerrone has moved to FW so that fight won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Called out 3 dudes that would beat him.
    His best chance goes in this order: Cerrone, Diaz, Miller.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I think this guy is one of the most overrated fighters in recent memory had one decent win against Etim(awesome KO boring first two and a half rounds), beat up on a bunch of guys who aren't even facebook prelim worth, got KTFO by a guy everyone had written off and should've lost his last fight as well. I really don't like him or his hype. he should shut his mouth and prove his worth by fighting whoever is put in front of him and doing it well.

Despite temptation of featherweight, UFC boss White likes Cerrone at lightweight
    At featherweight, recent winner Cole Miller would love to see Cerrone make the move. For Miller, a former lightweight, turnabout was fair play after what he said was a similar callout from Cerrone years ago. Plus, Miller said the two have an outside-the-cage grudge dating back to 2007.

And while Cerrone said the right circumstances could open the door for a new weight class, he doubted Miller’s callout would be it.

“I don’t even know who that is, so it doesn’t matter,” Cerrone said. “But if I did it correctly and didn’t injure my body doing it, sure, absolutely.”

If White has anything to do with it, Cerrone, would stay put at lightweight. And with a win over Martins on Saturday, the UFC boss doesn’t see him making any moves – even if those weight-class changes have become a regular thing in the UFC.

“That kid’s fighting on FOX on Saturday night,” White told USA TODAY Sports. “He wins that fight, he’s not moving down. There’s no way that’s going to happen. Plus, if he was going to move down in weight, he’d move down to fight one of the top 10 guys.”

That article doesn't apply to this thread...

Feed him to Melvin Guilard

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information