Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overeem parts ways with Blackzilians fight team ahead of Frank Mir fight at UFC 169

Default Overeem parts ways with Blackzilians fight team ahead of Frank Mir fight at UFC 169

Overeem parts ways with Blackzilians fight team ahead of Frank Mir fight at UFC 169

"The Reem" joined up with the Blackzilians camp thanks in large part to his new manager, Glenn Robinson, CEO of Authentic Sports Management. But according to Robinson, that relationship is no more, as Alistair has parted ways with the Boca Raton, Florida - based team to take his training camp to Thailand.

While Glenn still serves as Alistair's manager, the former K-1 kickboxing champion is no longer a Blackzilian, for now.

Robinson broke down the situation during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour:

"No, Alistair doesn't train with us, he trains in Thailand. He's welcome back, but he's decided to do his camp in Thailand. It was a great camp. I talked to him last night, and it was a great camp and he said he feels fantastic. He's in really good spirits. He's welcome -- he's always welcome. It's always his home if he wants it to be, but right now he's not looking past the fight he has in a couple of weeks, that's the most important thing. And we'll see after that what he wants to do."

During his time with the all-star fight team, which includes the likes of Vitor Belfort, Rashad Evans, Anthony Johnson and Tyrone Spong, just to name few, Overeem went 1-2, which includes a victory over Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 along with his back-to-back losses at the hands of Antonio Silva and Travis Browne.

What is he trying to do, better his striking against a Jiu Jitsu guy?
    Hmm, doesn't sound like the best plan.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Read this and immediately wondered if he was taking his camp to a place removed from intense scrutiny off the radar and potential pop in tests. This is major league do or die for him and I just wonder if he's trying to get any and all the help he can get. Always hinked to Overeem, not like he needed a speciality MT camp for Mir.....

The juice is loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

No wonder he's in good spirits... he needs some of that "feel good" medicine...

Overeem's secret to beating Frank Mir:

Thai ladyboys

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Overeem's secret to beating Frank Mir:

Thai ladyboys
    Oh well, fuck it. Bangkok has him now...and she'll never let him go.

Just because he is going to Ladyboy Central doesnt mean Overeem is getting Overroided... He still gotta pass that pisser. Im afraid if Alistair loses this one or fucks it up with an incredibly stupid move, Dana and Co will part ways.

I'm hoping and I got a small glimmer of hope Overeem is taking this seriously and his last string of losses has lit a fire under his ass.

Bangkok has him now...
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Am I the only one that thinks this is a gimmie fight for Overeem? I just dont see Mir being able to take him down and that is the only spot I see Mir winning.

Lady boy spunk the key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this is a gimmie fight for Overeem? I just dont see Mir being able to take him down and that is the only spot I see Mir winning.

Lady boy spunk the key to success.
    Yea, but I could just as easily see Mir riding out the first 3 minutes and than latching onto a limb late in the first. Neither has particularly looked good in their last couple fights.

Lady boy spunk is good for the skin, or so says Cat Smasher

Thread Information