+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Overeem parts ways with Blackzilians fight team ahead of Frank Mir fight at UFC 169

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I don't know. I think if you destroyed someone you probably won the fight. Otherwise you were just winning for a while. Maybe it's just me.
    See Hendricks vs GSP

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Wow; it's clear as night and day that he was on roids. Against Brock, he looked like a beast. Now he looks like how he was when he won the Strikeforce title against Buentello in 2007.
    Agreed! Looks to me he has lost some of that excessive hypertrophy and is more lean than the past few years. This should help his endurance as well.

Not sure who I'd root for yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Oh well, phuket. Bangkok has him now...and she'll never let him go.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by SWIFTboy; 01-23-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    See Hendricks vs GSP
    Not really. When I think "destroyed", I think Hendo vs Bisping, not some questionable decision. If somebody got "destroyed", it wouldn't have gone to a decision.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Not really. When I think "destroyed", I think Hendo vs Bisping, not some questionable decision. If somebody got "destroyed", it wouldn't have gone to a decision.
    Yup, destroyed would be the equivalent of being dominated throughout the fight and finished to me

I think Overeem has been a bit too over confident in his striking and allowed himself to get lazy and get caught. Going to Thailand and training against real killers, may sharpen his edge. I see Frank crumpling against the cage from knees....I'd love to see him rematch Browne or Bigfoot after that. Maybe a fight against Mark Hunt? Holy Shitsnacks!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Sounds like Alistair doesn't think the fight will make it to the ground. Do we know if Mir is still training at Jackson's and is he getting any better... at anything?

Hunt would retire him
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

10. Default

The question to me is did AO get any smarter. He's able to beat any body just not smart enough to finish the job in the past.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information