+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manager: Vitor Belfort may not apply for TRT exemption for Chris Weidman fight

Definitely brings up a lot of interesting thought to as why he would have needed it before if he doesn't need it now. TRT or not I think Weidman wins. Looking forward to this fight. When is it targeted for?

I don't think TRT = his victories, Vitor is a beast and always has been, a beast with precision, speed and ko power... He's learned a lot in recent years alone about mma, he's evolved his game and I think he's the best Vitor ever right now. I think it's because he's focused, when he has done bad in the past, he wasn't focused, he was not training right, etc.

... now there's actually another issue with Vitor... I hate to admit it since he's one of my favorite fighters, but damn, Vitor tends to choke in title matches. I hope he can somehow break that curse, but we will see.

I went back and watched both Anderson/Weidman fights this week for the first time since I saw the first fights and Weidman really does appear to be Anderson's kryptonite. He won those fights, and whether or not Anderson would have been able to come back somehow and win doesn't matter, he didn't for one, and two, the biggest deal is that nobody has been able to hang with anderson until Weidman. He hung standing and really hurt anderson on the ground. He's a beast no doubt, all the hype was true.

So I'm excited for this fight, if Vitor shows up and he doesn't choke, this has the potential to be one hell of a fight. I can see either guy winning, if Vitor loses, I think we have our MW champion for the next 4 or 5 years in Weidman.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

His management was pretty stupid to imply that he may not need it. Kerosene on a smouldering fire of bullshit interweb conjecture.

Aguilar already seems more level headed and better spoken than Kizer. I hope he moves things forward.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

“I don’t want to speculate on [whether Belfort will get an exemption] until I hear the full story,” Aguilar said. “I think we’ve dealt with some pretty unique issues with different fighters, and we’ve got to take each issue individually.”
    This is what bugs me the most about TRT... instead of asking the fighters, trainers, and personal doctors why they need TRT they should be checking themselves. Independent commission hired doctors should be doing all the necessary testing and determinations. As well as monitoring the the athletes levels randomly throughout the year.

TRT users should be monitored every week. If there levels are in acceptable range then they should be allowed to fight. And By acceptable range, I mean for someone their respective age.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

NSAC doctor will advise against Belfort TUE, chairman will consider it
    "If we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone has used PEDs in the past, they will not get an exemption,'' said Dr. Trainor. "No, no way.''

Dr. Trainor was asked specifically about Belfort.

"Well, it is going to get denied then," he said flatly. "If we know for sure he has used steroids in the past, it is going to get denied. ... We're not going to give people a free pass because they admitted they used steroids in the past.''

However, Dr. Trainor is not a voting member of the commission.

NSAC chairman Francisco Aguilar said that a prior failed drug test is not an immediate disqualifier and that any request from Belfort would be heard and decided upon by the full five-member commission, with input from Trainor.

Aguilar said he would rely on information provided by the commission's medical doctor, but that he would enter any discussions with an open mind and also cognizant of the title fight's importance to Nevada and the reluctance to lose the potential payday to another state. "The economic development impact to the state could be huge,'' he said.

As point of fact, Aguilar said the UFC transferred to the state general fund almost $500,000 just in ticket sales and pay-per-view taxes from the Dec. 28 Weidman-Anderson Silva title fight. The tax figure from all fight cards last year was more than $5 million, he said. The estimated non-gaming impact to the venue hosting a boxing title fight (no figures are known for MMA) exceeds $11 million, according to Las Vegas convention officials.

"There are always people with an interest from the economic perspective, but we also have the obligation and duty to be regulators,'' Aguilar said.

Oh yea, he's gonna get the exception.

Dolla Dolla bills ya'll
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

"Well, it is going to get denied then," he said flatly. "If we know for sure he has used steroids in the past, it is going to get denied. ... We're not going to give people a free pass because they admitted they used steroids in the past.''
    Without getting into a whole shitfest about Vitor, isn't it a known fact that he actually WAS administered a treatment for an injury by Greco that contained banned substances rather than using it for performance enhancement and the AC openly admitted that it was the likely culprit but suspended him anyway?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Without getting into a whole shitfest about Vitor, isn't it a known fact that he actually WAS administered a treatment for an injury by Greco that contained banned substances rather than using it for performance enhancement and the AC openly admitted that it was the likely culprit but suspended him anyway?
    Don't confuse bias and conjecture with the actual facts as stated in medical records and in a deposition. The truth just gets in the way of haters.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Do you guys think he should get the exemption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information