Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lombard: I don't see Shields being any problem

Default Lombard: I don't see Shields being any problem

Lombard: I don't see Shields being any problem
    UFC welterweight Hector Lombard appeared on MMA Junkie Radion ahead of his fight with Jake Shields on the main card of UFC 171 in Dallas, Texas on March 15. UFC 171 will be headlined by Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawle, fighting to see who is the first new welterweight champ since 2008.

“As long as I go to the fight healthy and make my weight right, I don’t see him being any problem,” Lombard told MMAjunkie Radio. “I see myself knocking Jake Shields out to be honest.

“I have to show it, I have to prove it and I have to do it to be able to win.”

"One of the things that I’m the happiest about - you’re fighting where all the welterweights, the best welterweights are fighting. I’m just fighting on a big card, big event, big arena. It’s amazing.”

“I don’t care what anyone says, he’s a very difficult fighter to fight. He doesn’t look like he’s dangerous, but you take a look at his record and you take a look at his fights, he always proves people wrong.

“With that said, I still believe I’m going to knock him out. I will take out anyone, just Jake Shields is next.”

Please knock him out. A vast majority of the MMA world would love you for that.
    Lombard please "Hendo" that blanket fighter into another time & dimension.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Lombard's gonna get tapped out in the 2nd.

Shields is usually overlooked and many felt that his previous opponents could beat him. This is probably attributed to his extremely awkward striking style. He is however surprisingly effective and manages to win most of the time. Guys like Hendo, Akiyama and Woodley were supposed to be bad matchups for him, but he beat all of them. Maia was seen as a potential bad matchup by some but Shields' wrestling was better than his and his jiu jitsu top game was good enough to neutralize Maia's bottom game.

Lombard could end this violently but Shields has proven people wrong time and time again and he could [and is very likely to] neutralize Lombard and win this as well. He is in the Fitch boat in that he may never get a title shot again but his opponent may get one after beating him.

I absolutely despise Shields' style and would be delighted to see him sprawled out on the canvas. That said, Jake is one hell of a fighter and I see him getting a boring UD
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I'd like to see Jake win because I think he's a very bad match up for Johny and I hate Johny lol

still pulling for ya tho Robbie

I can't see Shields being a problem for Lombard. Rd 1 KO

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I like shields but I see him getting tagged and dropped in this one. Tko stoppage in the second to set up a ww div that has an absolute murderer's row at the top of it. I see nothing but carnage surrounding the belt for some time to come. I love gsp but this is going to be fun while he's away !

Shields by Guillotine from the top in the first. Hector has a punchers chance but really I think Shields will clench pull guard and sweep.

GSP is one of my favorite fighters but the division is a lot more interesting than it has been in a very long time.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information