Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lombard: I don't see Shields being any problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Shields is usually overlooked and many felt that his previous opponents could beat him. This is probably attributed to his extremely awkward striking style. He is however surprisingly effective and manages to win most of the time. Guys like Hendo, Akiyama and Woodley were supposed to be bad matchups for him, but he beat all of them. Maia was seen as a potential bad matchup by some but Shields' wrestling was better than his and his jiu jitsu top game was good enough to neutralize Maia's bottom game.

Lombard could end this violently but Shields has proven people wrong time and time again and he could [and is very likely to] neutralize Lombard and win this as well. He is in the Fitch boat in that he may never get a title shot again but his opponent may get one after beating him.
    Robbie Lawler was supposed to KO him too, but instead ended up on the wrong side of a Shields' standing guillotine. I don't know how to describe Jake's style, maybe "sticky Jiu-Jitsu"? He just ties people up, and they can't shake him off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    Robbie Lawler was supposed to KO him too, but instead ended up on the wrong side of a Shields' standing guillotine. I don't know how to describe Jake's style, maybe "sticky Jiu-Jitsu"? He just ties people up, and they can't shake him off.
    He kicked Hendo's ass also. Very strange how he fares against different guys, it is hard to predict.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Looking at him I don't see why anyone would either, but damn... Shields wins fights. I hope Lombard wins though, but Shields is probably one of the most dangerous fights for him.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Lombard is going to beat Shields badly enough to have assault charges pressed against him. And I'll be there to see it live! Can't wait.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Lombard is going to beat Shields badly enough to have assault charges pressed against him. And I'll be there to see it live! Can't wait.
    Thought Dan was going to do the same thing .... is Lombard better then Dan to say such things?

Shields/Lombard is an interesting fight. We all already know what each man is planning on doing once they enter the cage with each other. We're either going to see Shields get a hold of Lombard, drag him down, and play his game all the way to a DEC or SUB, OR we will see Lombard find a way to blitz Jake and knock him out violently.

Fun one! I hope Lombard takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I'd like to see Jake win because I think he's a very bad match up for Johny and I hate Johny lol

still pulling for ya tho Robbie
    Why do you hate Johny? I actually feel the opposite. I think Johny is a very bad match for Shields.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Thread Information