+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johnson vs. Melvin Guillard booked for UFC Fight Night 37 with Pearson hurt

Default Michael Johnson vs. Melvin Guillard booked for UFC Fight Night 37 with Pearson hurt

Michael Johnson vs. Melvin Guillard booked for UFC Fight Night 37 with Ross Pearson hurt

Surging Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight contender Michael Johnson will take on fellow Ultimate Fighter (TUF) veteran Melvin Guillard on the upcoming UFC Fight Night 37 fight card, which is set to go down inside the O2 Arena in London, England, on March 8, 2014, via the promotion's new "Fight Pass" network.

UFC officials announced the switcheroo on Wednesday.

Guillard (31-12) was expected to throw hands opposite Ross Pearson in a rematch to settle their "No Contest" from last October; however, "The Real Deal" got real hurt and had to withdraw.

Welp, at least Melvin won't have to worry about getting subbed as much as usual....

I can dig it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

No clue what is going to happen in this fight. If you asked me a year ago, I would have said Johnson had no business being in the ring with Guillard but Johnson has to be one of the most improved fighters in that last year in the UFC. I can't get over how much he has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    No clue what is going to happen in this fight. If you asked me a year ago, I would have said Johnson had no business being in the ring with Guillard but Johnson has to be one of the most improved fighters in that last year in the UFC. I can't get over how much he has improved.
    I still dont see this ending well for Johnson. His last 2 fights he's looked great on the feet but that was against 2 people not known for their knock out power. Guillard puts people to sleep; and I think that is exactly what will happen here.

I like both fighters so Im just hoping for a great fight.

This should be fireworks because Guillard can put someone down and Johnson has looked pretty good. I honestly do not see this going the distance and it should be brutal.
    "The time is almost upon us.
    My centuries of manipulating... of preparing... are reaching their resolution.
    With the dawning of the new day, the end times will be upon us... my ascension complete. And you, the twelve -- prophesied saviors of mutantkind... your power will bestow upon me the means to achieve my destiny.
    First, I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Im calling Johnson by 2nd round (T)ko

I like this matchup. Johnson wants a fight, and finally somebody is ready to step in there with him. Former teamates too. I can't call this one. Melvin was supposed to beat up Lauzon but almost got KO'd by creepy Joe's left before falling into a sub. Coincidently (or not) Johnson handled Lauzon pretty handily...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I agree with everyone that Johnson has shown amazing improvement. Even with that said, goodnight Michael. Styles make fights but I don't think that Johnson's will match Guillards. I think Guillard was wrecking Pearson before the knee because Pearson was playing Guillard's game. Johnson cannot afford to play that game either.

I'm surprised Johnson took this since Khabib more or less said he'd take the fight if no body stood up in the top half of the division to fight him. But I think this is the right fight for Johnson regardless, still moves him up the division and it's a decently well known name in the MMA world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information