Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fox 10: Pre & Post Fight Extras

Default UFC on Fox 10: Pre & Post Fight Extras

Ex-champ Benson Henderson mans up, looks for new UFC streak
    “It’s up to (UFC President) Dana White, (matchmakers) Joe Silva, Sean Shelby, those guys,” he said. “Dana’s on record saying I’ll need a couple more wins. But Dana says a lot of things. It’s my job to make the case inside the octagon. ‘Oh, I’m not going to fight for a title soon? We’ll see.’”
    Dana White: Josh Thomson back in title fight with UFC on FOX 10 win
    “Here’s the reality: If Thomson wins, he’s the next in line,” UFC President Dana White on Thursday told a small group of reporters following a media event for at United Center in Chicago. “Obviously Ben Henderson just lost very decisively in his last fight with (Pettis). Should Benson Henderson win, we’ll see what’s up with Gil.”
    “I met with (Melendez) the day before – it went well,” White said. “We like him. We’re working on re-signing the kid. We had a lot of contracts that needed to be re-upped, and we’re getting them all done now. We just re-signed Travis Browne, we just re-signed Dan Henderson, we just re-signed Tim Kennedy. And now we’ll get this Gil deal done and start working again and not doing deals every day.”
    As one of the last of his generation, Josh Thomson primes for biggest battle
    "The fight is going to be fought everywhere," Thomson said. "I think he's going to try and wrestle me a lot. I have to keep the distance and push the pace, get right in his grill, get in the range where I can land my stuff and take him down as well."
    "They both kick a lot," noted Thomson. "Benson puts a lot more emphasis on wrestling. Pettis tries to stay long. Benson jumps in with punches and kicks. Pettis tries to stay on the outside with kicks to make it hard to reach him. It's a way different fight. Eventually, you have to fight both of them anyway. After I beat Benson, I plan on fighting Pettis. Benson wrestles more. I'm expecting him to try to wrestle me to death."

UFC on FOX 10's Gabriel Gonzaga confident win over Stipe Miocic will lead to title shot

“I’m coming with a good run,” he said. “If I win, it’s going to be good for a title shot. I just need to keep winning and keep going. I’m really motivated.”

Adriano Martins: Cerrone a shortcut to the Top 10

"It’s a big opportunity for me in the UFC," he said. "I want to be one of the best, so it’s a good shortcut to the Top 10. I’ll work hard to get this win. I believe I deserve to be at the Top 10 after this win, and I’ve worked my whole life for this.

"I have a history in the sport in Brazil, but it’s not normal to get in the UFC and fight a top 10 fighter that was close to getting a shot at the title one year ago. I’m happy with this opportunity. I’m sure we’ll have a great fight."
    Josh Thomson plays coy about his future

Donald Cerrone believes he has that fire back now

Latest UFC on FOX 10 odds, online betting guide for 'Henderson vs Thomson' in Chicago
    UFC On FOX 10 Odds For The Under Card:

Sergio Pettis (-170) vs. Alex Caceres (+130)
    Eddie Wineland (-380) vs. Yves Jabouin (+260)
    Chico Camus (-210) vs. Yaotzin Meza (+160)
    Hugo Viana (-350) vs. Ramiro Hernandez (+250)
    Daron Cruickshank (-260) vs. Mike Rio (+180)
    Mike Rhodes (-265) vs. George Sullivan (+185)
    Walt Harris (-415) vs. Nikita Krylov (+295)

Thoughts: To be frank, I’m not seeing much value here. The guys I’m most confident in (Wineland and Harris) are too favored to make them good individual plays and the underdog with the best shot at an upset, Caceres, isn’t a big enough underdog.

Therefore, if I had to pick the best combination of likelihood of victory and value, I’d say it was Camus.

It’s difficult to ascertain Meza’s abilities based on his UFC run -- getting blown to bits by Chad Mendes happens to everyone, as does getting nearly submitted by John Albert before the latter’s cardio and ring IQ bite him in the rear. Still, Camus appears the more overpowering grappler and is a sufficiently-skilled top control artist to steer clear of Meza’s attacks.

Lumping Camus in with Wineland might not be a bad move.

UFC On FOX 10 Odds For The Main Card:

Ben Henderson (-270) vs. Josh Thomson (+230)
    Stipe Miocic (-240) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (+200)
    Donald Cerrone (-265) vs. Adriano Martins (+185)
    Jeremy Stephens (-170) vs. Darren Elkins (+130)

Thoughts: As is, I mostly feel the same way about the main card as I do about the under card, although Miocic’s power and resiliency (remember how much of a beating Struve had to put on him) -- combined with Gonzaga’s below-average chin -- make him a decent favorite play.

If the odds tilt a little more in Cerrone’s favor, though, you might consider putting some down on Martins.

I’ve learned never to make a Cerrone fight my make-or-break bet of the evening; therefore, if you’re going to bet on Martins, make it small and don’t connect it with any other plays. Still, Martins is an absolute giant of a Lightweight with big power in his left hand and an A+ top game. If the Cowboy" who fought Pettis and Diaz shows up, he’ll get murked. If the "Cowboy" who mauled Evan Dunham shows up, Martins is screwed.

In other words, treat it as a 50/50 chance and statistics say you’ll come out ahead betting Martins.

UFC On FOX 10 Best Bets:

Parlay -- Eddie Wineland and Chico Camus: Bet $58 to make $50
    Single bet -- Adriano Martins: Bet $30 to make $55.50
    Parlay -- Eddie Wineland, Walt Harris and Stipe Miocic: Bet $30 to make $36.60

this entire card is WEC and Strikeforce I realized.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    this entire card is WEC and Strikeforce I realized.
    Only 3 guys on the main card have fought in one or the other and just a quick look at the undercard only see a couple WEC guys on there as well.
    Last edited by Rise; 01-24-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-24-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Fuckin autostart videos. Hate that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Adriano Martins is toast

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Only 3 guys on the main card have fought in one or the other and just a quick look at the undercard only see a couple WEC guys on there as well.
    the main event and co main event are both WEC vs Strikeforce that's 4 right there...

the main event and co main event are both WEC vs Strikeforce that's 4 right there...
    Co main is Miocic/Gonzanga from what I can tell could be wrong. Not really sure I'd count Martins as a Strikeforce fighter seen as he was signed when it was already decided Strikeforce was moving to the UFC. Either way though 4 of 8 at best in the main card

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Co main is Miocic/Gonzanga from what I can tell could be wrong. Not really sure I'd count Martins as a Strikeforce fighter seen as he was signed when it was already decided Strikeforce was moving to the UFC. Either way though 4 of 8 at best in the main card
    He came from Strikeforce when Strikeforce folded...how could he not be considered from Strikeforce?

and my bad I didn't realize the co main event got switched.

He came from Strikeforce when Strikeforce folded...how could he not be considered from Strikeforce?

and my bad I didn't realize the co main event got switched.
    Cause he was signed by Zuffa to fill out the roster for a card. He wasn't a holdover from the Strikeforce roster say like Thomson is. Just my take but one fight in organization under those circumstances doesn't really make you a one of their fighters.
    Last edited by Rise; 01-24-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Thread Information