Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95

Thread: Official ufc on fox 10 discussion thread

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    The only one that was robbed last night was the fans. Those guys are way more talented than they showed. It seemed more like a sparring match between teammates than a fight. Thompson seemed so happy for Henderson when he won the decision I thought they were both going to get participation trophies and orange slices after the bout.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    any time someone thinks a fighter won but the judges didn't see it that way they call it a robbery regardless of how close the fight is.
    The terms "robbery" and "p4p" are being used way too loosely as of late.

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    The only one that was robbed last night was the fans. Those guys are way more talented than they showed. It seemed more like a sparring match between teammates than a fight. Thompson seemed so happy for Henderson when he won the decision I thought they were both going to get participation trophies and orange slices after the bout.
    Josh Thomson is like this all the time nowadays. He's just one happy camper. You need to surgically remove his smile.














  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    The terms "robbery" and "p4p" are being used way too loosely as of late.
    p4p is more recent and that's largely Dana's fault, I feel like the robbery claim has been overly used as an excuse for losing a close decision for as long as I've been watching MMA.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    p4p is more recent and that's largely Dana's fault, I feel like the robbery claim has been overly used as an excuse for losing a close decision for as long as I've been watching MMA.
    I agree here. The robbery claim is thrown around way too much.

    I don't think Bendo winning yesterday was a robbery. I do think the one judge that gave him 49-46 was a bit of a stretch though. I also don't think Bendo vs Melendez was a robbery either. Three of those rounds were very close as well. Bendo vs Frankie I was not even close to a robbery as I thought Bendo did enough to win. Bendo vs Frankie II was interesting as I thought that was a bad decision but once again a robbery is a stretch.

    Other fights that weren't a robbery but perhaps a bad decision include GSP vs Hendricks. GSP/Hendricks came down to round 1, which was very close and when I was watching it live, I had no clue who won that round. I really thought it was up for grabs and it was.

    Also, another one that comes to mind is Machida/Davis. I do think that was a bad decision as I thought Machida edged him in every round. However, the game that Machida plays works against him.

    You want to know what a real robbery is... watch Diego/ Kampmann (Kampmann clearly won the first 2 rounds), and Shogun/Machida 1 (Shogun definitely won 3 rounds and arguably the other two as well). I also think that BJ/Frankie 1 was a pretty bad call that borderlines robbery (BJ clearly won the first 3 rounds in my eyes and only the last round definitely belonged to Edgar). The trajectory of both their careers would've been quite different if BJ got the nod.
    Last edited by Dr. MMA; 01-26-2014 at 08:25 PM.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    ... tragectory of both .... they did have a rematch right after??? .... so, while the rematch would not have happened if BJ won the first one, you can't blame BJ's slide on the first decision, he had a chance to redeem himself and did worse (not that I agree with your assessment of the fight in the first place).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I also think that BJ/Frankie 1 was a pretty bad call that borderlines robbery (BJ clearly won the first 3 rounds in my eyes and only the last round definitely belonged to Edgar). The trajectory of both their careers would've been quite different if BJ got the nod.
    Last edited by VimyRidge; 01-26-2014 at 09:17 PM.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,685

    Default

    Henderson was completely unimpressive last night. Josh broke or injured his hand in the 1st and still managed to pull off what I considered to be a draw.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

    All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,916

    Default

    What was the deal with Bendo's toothpick last night?

    I seen them check him for it before the fight but after the decision it looked like he pulled it out of the side of his mouth and was all cocky about it... Or I just missed his corner hand him one. If he did the former, does the UFC or AC come down on him?

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    ... tragectory of both .... they did have a rematch right after??? .... so, while the rematch would not have happened if BJ won the first one, you can't blame BJ's slide on the first decision, he had a chance to redeem himself and did worse (not that I agree with your assessment of the fight in the first place).
    By the trajectory of both, I did mean they would not have had a rematch right after. BJ would have then went on to face Maynard and BJ was a really bad matchup for Maynard. Maynard would have easily got outboxed and he would've been unable to take BJ down. Penn would've faced Pettis after, which would've been quite interesting back then.

    Frankie would've just gone to beating others and would've taken a little while to re-earn the shot. Hell, Frankie may have moved down to 145 even earlier.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    I watched the fight without commentary and gave it to Bendo - rounds 2, 3 and 5. 2 and 5 were tight. Ill need to watch it again.

    Agree about the overuse of the term 'robbery', it's getting old. It's also doing a disservice to those who have been the victim of an actual robbery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    By the trajectory of both, I did mean they would not have had a rematch right after. BJ would have then went on to face Maynard and BJ was a really bad matchup for Maynard. Maynard would have easily got outboxed and he would've been unable to take BJ down. Penn would've faced Pettis after, which would've been quite interesting back then.

    Frankie would've just gone to beating others and would've taken a little while to re-earn the shot. Hell, Frankie may have moved down to 145 even earlier.
    If BJ wins the first Edgar fight, is he still at Lightweight and in the title mix in all likelihood?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •