Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Nelson applies for Keith Kizer's job at NSAC, expects UFC to be happy for him

Default Roy Nelson applies for Keith Kizer's job at NSAC, expects UFC to be happy for him

Roy Nelson applies for Keith Kizer's job at NSAC, expects UFC to be happy for him

The bearded brawler submitted his application in hopes that a position of power would allow to him drive revenue to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), as well as mixed martial arts (MMA) overall. And what better way to make his employer happy than by improving the bottom line?

"Big Country" explains his decision to Bloody Elbow:

"I have put my application in. My wife and I were talking about having something besides fighting to fall back on, and I think I would be able to do some good. This is my hometown, it's where I was born and raised, so I feel it's a way for me to help further the sport. With me, I can draw more people back to Vegas to help the budget. That's a big part of it. Of course I want to help get the sport cleaned up, but helping Nevada financially and bringing more revenue in is one of the primary goals I have. The others involve making sure we have better officiating and better fighter safety. I haven't told them (the UFC) of my intent, but I don't think they'll mind my intentions here. I think they'd probably be happy that I'm just trying to make the sport better. It would be the building of a relationship that would help the UFC, MMA and all of combat sports in Nevada."

Does he realize it is a public position and image matters. I dont see how he even gets an interview. Why would they make him the face of thier organization with a ratty beard and a mullet?

That would shake up the establish. So yea I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Absolutely zero chance of him getting the job. pretty funny though.

I wonder if GSP applied if they'd give him consideration though (not sure if he can because he's Canadian)

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Absolutely zero chance of him getting the job. pretty funny though.

I wonder if GSP applied if they'd give him consideration though (not sure if he can because he's Canadian)

All he needs is a work visa and a job pending and he is entitled to work in the US.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Nevada needs more revenue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Nevada needs more revenue?
    Not sure about their finances but the housing market took a shit and pretty much everybody went under water on their houses.

Dana White on Roy Nelson's NAC application: 'What a f------ moron"
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/27...what-a-f-moron
    "What a f------- moron," was White's appraisal of the situation at a Monday media luncheon. "Let me tell you what, if he puts in an application at f------- Kinko's, he isn't getting that job. Let alone the Nevada state athletic commission."

On a more serious note, White says he doesn't have any real read on which way the commission is leaning as it looks to fill the role Keith Kizer will soon vacate.

"I've got nothing," White said. "Here's what they don't do. They don't call me and say ‘let me tell you what we're thinking.'"

^Pot meet Kettle.

Wow, calling someone a fucking moron for just applying for a job is pretty petty. Dana has been acting like a jackass more than usual lately.

Thread Information