Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir Receives TRT Exemption for UFC 169 Fight with Alistair Overeem

They need to cut out TRT all together.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think DFW said it was an early stoppage at the press conference
    So no one credible, then.

Quote Originally Posted by sergers View Post
    Not to say Mir hasn't roided, vitor was caught on multiple occasions, Mir has not.

One of the main reasons (while it can occur naturally) of low testosterone is past ped use.

Basically people suspect vitor pumped himself full of testosterone for all these years, now that he is back in UFC he's off the juice and his body cannot produce enough of its own T, he gets slammed for trying Trt to supplement the damage he has done to himself.

If vitor never got popped in the past, then people probably wouldn't be speculating about try now
    Multiple occasions?

I only know of the one and it was explained. Did I miss something? (Honestly)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Mir was competing in an "arms race" against behemoths like Brock and Carwin and the visible change in appearance over time has been quite glaring....but he's never pissed hot.

Not a fan of TRT, but this is the first(and probably only) time I'm rooting for Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Multiple occasions?

I only know of the one and it was explained. Did I miss something? (Honestly)
    no you didnt, its still only the one time.

now that we are talking about that one time although he has a "doctor" that has "explained" his use i cant stop thinking of a certain guy named Anthony Bosch - who gave how many athletes PEDs, and said before on multiple occasions he didnt give those players PEDs - and then turns around and works with the MLB to try and build a case against these said players. Doctors are shady, im sure you can find a doctor to cover up pretty much anything you do to your body, and if you have Vitor money im sure it makes it that much easier.

I hear ya but there are some issues with what you're saying.

1. Anthony Bosch was not a doctor.
    2. Rodrigo M. Greco is a reputable and board certified endocrinologist.
    3. Anthony Bosch operated out of a strip mall "clinic."
    4. Vitor Belfort money is FAR different from A-Rod and MLB money.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I hear ya but there are some issues with what you're saying.

1. Anthony Bosch was not a doctor.
    2. Rodrigo M. Greco is a reputable and board certified endocrinologist.
    3. Anthony Bosch operated out of a strip mall "clinic."
    4. Vitor Belfort money is FAR different from A-Rod and MLB money.
    agree on all points - you actually corrected me as i thought Bosch was registered doctor on the united states. That still sits in my mind when i hear people defend it by saying well a doctor said so because we have seen countless other times where one doctor says one thing and then 3 other doctors all say different things which results in 4 different diagnosis or treatments for one injury or illness.

I just don't like Vitor. I never really have, he's exciting as hell to watch but i just don't like him. That's why i tend to give other guys more leeway when it comes to TRT. I know it might be viewed as hypocritical but i really don't care.

I don't think TRT should be used in any athletic contest what so ever, but guys are always pushing the envelope of what they can use to give them a competitive advantage. If not TRT it would be something else morally or ethically uncouth, that athletes would use to try to stay in a sport that is so hard their body.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

I love your honesty and it's a breath of fresh air.

I've contended all along that I remember one distinct lesson from training growing up- "Boy, there is no substitute for experience. It's the biggest advantage in any sport."

That statement says a lot about the effect TRT has on sports. To elaborate, it's always been obvious that the young lions have all of the physical ability and advantages of youth. The great equalizer has always been the experience and wisdom of age. Now, through science, any advantage youth had can be offset leading to what I would consider to be an unfair advantage for the older fighter/athlete.

Now, diatribe aside, I have no evidence this is happening and if it's administered correctly (meaning the athlete tests "normal" for his/her age) there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I just see this as being a Pandora's box that should never have been opened. Quite simply, some bodies are simply not meant for long term athletic competition and pumping them full of drugs in order to sustain it shouldn't be allowed.

The UFC is partially to blame in the Vitor situation too. You dont see them hiding any other fighter on TRT in a certain state or country like they did Vitor. You can be against it all you want - as dana claims to be time after time but they put him on cards in Brazil with a shady athletic commission making an already shady situation that much worse and did so multiple times.

Thread Information