Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread

Undertake's streak coming to an end has left me literally speechless.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Undertake's streak coming to an end has left me literally speechless.
    Haven't watched pro wresting for about 10 years or so now, but was a hardcore fan for almost 20 years (even went to see RAW live twice.) But I do still read about it occasionally.

I just read the spoilers for it, and I have to agree. I can't believe they would end his streak like this, after all these years. And to Lesnar? A guy who already walked out of their company once, while still in contract, and is apparently (from what I've read) only working on a limited schedule? I would have rather heard him losing to that douchebag Shawn Michaels (who legitimately got his ass beat 2 miles down the road from me, and almost had to retire). Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Haven't watched pro wresting for about 10 years or so now, but was a hardcore fan for almost 20 years (even went to see RAW live twice.) But I do still read about it occasionally.

I just read the spoilers for it, and I have to agree. I can't believe they would end his streak like this, after all these years. And to Lesnar? A guy who already walked out of their company once, while still in contract, and is apparently (from what I've read) only working on a limited schedule? I would have rather heard him losing to that douchebag Shawn Michaels (who legitimately got his ass beat 2 miles down the road from me, and almost had to retire). Such a shame.
    real talk. After 21 years how do you end the streak - and have him lose to Brock of all people. If he would have lost to a real wrestler back in the day like rock, or HHH, or Austin, Brett, Shawn, etc, etc instead of having it go to 21 and lose. It doesnt make sense to me at all to make him lose now, and lose the way he did.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

I was under the impression that if the streak were to end, that it would be used to catapult a younger performer I to the main event picture and keep him there. In thinking about who that could have been this year, Bryan, Bray and Ziggler were the only ones I could think of.

Ziggler isn't getting the green light, and hasn't been for a while since dropping the title back to Del Rio a month after winning it.

Bryan would have been a good choice had he not already been involved in the main event picture last year. The story of an "undersized" underdog facing the Herculean task of breaking the streak could have been a great story.

Wyatt, had he not been involved with Cena, would have been the most likely choice out of the three because it propels him straight to the top and gives him an insane amount of credibity. Combine that with his in-ring ability and his promo skills and that would definitely be a recipe for an incredible heel. Have him slip further into insanity by winning the title and taking every chance he can get to proclaim that he is the modern day messiah, and build a face up to the point where he finally puts away the fiendish Wyatt. Two guys over with the crowd and it comes from the streak ending. That was just a half baked idea, of course.

But Brock Lesnar? It had to be his call to do it. There is no way I'll be convinced someone from creative said to him, "Hey, we've got this great idea. Remember the guy who quit after Wrestlemania 20? The part time former UFC Heavyweight Champion? Yeah, you'll lose to him at 30."

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    real talk. After 21 years how do you end the streak - and have him lose to Brock of all people. If he would have lost to a real wrestler back in the day like rock, or HHH, or Austin, Brett, Shawn, etc, etc instead of having it go to 21 and lose. It doesnt make sense to me at all to make him lose now, and lose the way he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I was under the impression that if the streak were to end, that it would be used to catapult a younger performer I to the main event picture and keep him there. In thinking about who that could have been this year, Bryan, Bray and Ziggler were the only ones I could think of.

Ziggler isn't getting the green light, and hasn't been for a while since dropping the title back to Del Rio a month after winning it.

Bryan would have been a good choice had he not already been involved in the main event picture last year. The story of an "undersized" underdog facing the Herculean task of breaking the streak could have been a great story.

Wyatt, had he not been involved with Cena, would have been the most likely choice out of the three because it propels him straight to the top and gives him an insane amount of credibity. Combine that with his in-ring ability and his promo skills and that would definitely be a recipe for an incredible heel. Have him slip further into insanity by winning the title and taking every chance he can get to proclaim that he is the modern day messiah, and build a face up to the point where he finally puts away the fiendish Wyatt. Two guys over with the crowd and it comes from the streak ending. That was just a half baked idea, of course.

But Brock Lesnar? It had to be his call to do it. There is no way I'll be convinced someone from creative said to him, "Hey, we've got this great idea. Remember the guy who quit after Wrestlemania 20? The part time former UFC Heavyweight Champion? Yeah, you'll lose to him at 30."
    EXACTLY!!!

Although, admittedly, I have no clue who this Bray Wyatt guy is. But this really did nothing for the company, or the business as a whole. From what I've heard, the Undertaker pushed for Lesnar to end his streak many years ago, but now? Hell, they could have had CM Punk win last year (or was it the year before), and helped push a future star (not knowing he was going to quit like he did obviously).

But this is part of why I stopped watching pro wrestling. Got sick of the same old shit, same story lines played over and over. Watching people who were actually entertaining to watch/ people who could actually wrestle and make it look like 2 people were actually competing against each other. That shit was entertaining to me. Reading behind the scenes shit for so long, and watching the shows, and realizing that all the backstage bullshit was pretty damn accurate, made me too jaded to care watch anymore. Seems as though nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

^^^ Watch how Orton lands on a monitor

HHH's entrance....reminds me of the bad guy from Willow

Fixed