Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

This is what happens when you tell your stockholders that there's at least ONE pro wrestling fan in every household in America and provide idiotically inflated projections on your television revenue and number of subscriptions for the network. They were saying they'd be able to pull an easy 2.5 million to the network and right now, they're around the 700K mark.

Now, if you notice, there's a reason they had George Barrios and Michelle Wilson were the lead executives in charge of the WWE Network presented to stockholders and the public. Despite Stephanie and Vince being the major controlling forces behind the network, if the thing fails, they've got their scapegoats and sacrificial lambs and the McMahons don't have to take responsibility. Hmmmmm.

I think the subscriptions will go up when the network goes full international. It just might take longer than they wanted. But hey, they're trying something new, there's bound to be bumps in the road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I think the subscriptions will go up when the network goes full international. It just might take longer than they wanted. But hey, they're trying something new, there's bound to be bumps in the road
    I don't think so. Wrestling I think in general is on a decline. When you have more access now to the "real thing" like MMA, I can't see why would somebody want to watch it. Nowadays I just watch a highlight here and there and that is it. My interest has long and gone the way of Sable, Torie Wilson and their puppies.

On the surface, you should be right, however the problem with the argument of international audiences bringing higher subscription rates once it goes "worldwide" so to speak, is that studies have shown that Canada and the UK and fans from around the world already have gotten the site through VPN blockers to change addresses to show the US, so while there will undoubtedly be a marked jump when they do go international, a really strong argument has been made that the "hardcores" the network depends on may be part of the current number and thus, the international market may not account for as big of a jump as maybe it SHOULD.

I like the Bo Dallas gimmick.

The IC and US title matches were solid.

I think they've done a good job of getting a lot of talent screen time. Rybaxle and Rhodes brothers was a nice surprise. And the Usos and Waytt boys just about had a match themselves.

Cena/Bray was great, but why couldn't they put Bray over. WHY?

I just cannot get into the current crop of women's wrestling. I'm glad Game 7 is on too.

Batista looks ridiculous

They couldn't get Ziggler on this card somewhere? What a waste.

Main Event was good.

WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars and Diva as of today, June 12, 2014:

Drew McIntyre
    Jinder Mahal
    Aksana
    Curt Hawkins
    Theodore Long
    Camacho
    Brodus Clay
    Evan Bourne
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Marc Harris (referee)
    WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.
    They broke up the band

WWE talent relations is a complete fucking joke at times.

Yoshi Tatsu's prime years were wasted as a prelim guy and he's got talent but is now almost 37 and they fucked with him by not allowing him to move to a Japanese community in Texas(where they were looking to develop a secondary developmental through Booker T).

Evan Bourne was never going to get another shot because they gave him the keys to be the next "high-flyer" and he pissed it away with two failed Wellness tests and then a car accident. He's been ready forever and they just sidelined him. I'm thinking he'll tear ROH up and be better off.

I feel bad for McIntyre, he seemingly has the total package to be great but they got a hard-on for him right out the gate, pushed him too hard before he was developed enough to carry the load and then they turned on him, soured and just fucked around with him. He's a fucking talented dude but I don't see him doing too much since TNA doesn't need him(they have Magnus and his ex-wife) and New Japan is loaded with gaijins and are bringing more over through the ROH relationship.

Everybody else, meh. Hawkins could've been something since he's a "good hand", I wanted a heel, smarmy tag reunion with Ryder, but he's been dead in the water since the EdgeHeads broke up.....

Wonder if JTG will finally get the boot?

WWE is in desperate need of another couple full time heels who are good on the stick. They'd love for Barrett and Cesaro to fill that void, but the crowds treat them like baby faces. I wish they'd turn Sheamus and/or Cena heel but that won't happen.

They need a major main event matchup for the September PPV since that's when the six month subscriptions are due for renewal and Cena/Brock at Summerslam leading into a rematch at the September PPV is the end game and basically their major goal. The September PPV is going to be a "all hands on deck" card since they really have fears of a subscriber drop-off

IMO, it was too early for Reigns since he's bound for a major Wrestlemania push and "moment" and I'm thinking he's either going over Rock, Cena or Brock at Mania, and the push starts against HHH at Summerslam and/or the September PPV.

Would've marked out for a motherfucker if Dolph had won, he's over so much bigger than his (lack thereof) push and was about as over as anybody on that card. That briefcase match was fucking excellent and I loathe those car crash matches, since there are so many of those guys I've talked to whose bodies are just riddled with pain from taking too many needless bumps.

Thread Information