Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread

'Taker!

What do you think the final line up for WMXXX looks like?

Bray/Cena
    Bryan/HHH
    Taker/Brock

Seem like locks. I really can't imagine they leave Batista/Orton intact as it is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    'Taker!

What do you think the final line up for WMXXX looks like?

Bray/Cena
    Bryan/HHH
    Taker/Brock

Seem like locks. I really can't imagine they leave Batista/Orton intact as it is though.
    Yeah, the top four matches are:
    Taker/Brock
    Cena/Wyatt
    Bryan/HHH
    Batista/Orton is going to get murdered like nobody's business unless they plug Bryan in. The general consensus is they book Bryan/HHH at the start of the card with the stip that if he wins, he's in the title match IF Batista's SD! promo tonight doesn't get over. They're going to try to book him as an anti-hero with attitude and he's going to shoot on the crowd that boos him. If it doesn't work, they'll rebook.

With those matches, they're leaving a shitload of name guys off the PPV in any eventful fashion. I'm thinking they MAYBE book a multi-man MITB match with Shield, ADR, Christian, Ziggler, Kofi, Sheamus, Show, Henry and the like.

There was supposed to be Naomi vs. AJ at Mania but because Aksana is a fucking moron and smashed her orbital bone and just ruined her eye, so that's on the shelf.

I'm also thinking they book Cesaro vs. Big E. vs. Swagger for IC title, NAO/Usos/Rhodes for tag titles.

I've heard rumors of a triple threat match with the shield, but not if they're gonna do bryan/batista/orton. Guess they don't want to have two 3-man matches

I've heard rumors of a triple threat match with the shield, but not if they're gonna do bryan/batista/orton. Guess they don't want to have two 3-man matches
    I don't see them breaking up The Shield until WM night. Best to book in a way to cost Reigns to ignite the turn in front of the biggest audience possible. MITB or some sort of IC/US unification ladder match with a bunch of names probably works best....

As for Bryan, it really depends on two things:

1) How stubborn Vince is about changing the plans for the Mania title match. They are going to put the title on Bryan EVENTUALLY, it's more a matter of if it'll be at WM, the night after or the next PPV. Given how hot the crowd will be for Bryan and how much they'll shit on Batista/Orton, it would make sense to do it then, but if they're stubborn and think they know what the fans want regardless, well we'll see. You can hear in Cole's commentary that they're acknowledging the fans being vocal for Bryan and the fans wanting him, not Batista. Fuck, they even brought up the BOOTISTA trend that is just killing him as a baby face. As someone who knows a lot about wrestling, Batista/Orton at WM will die a million horrible deaths.....but the McMahons could really give a fuck about what the fans want if it runs counter to their line of thinking- hence how Bryan's been booked for the past year!

2) Batista's going to do a shoot/semi-shoot promo on SD!'s tapings tonight and they're going to try to get the fans on his side by doing the opposite of Cena's "cheer me, boo me, as long as you're doing something" schtick, and have Batista just lay into those who boo him and just be a badass, ultra "I could give a fuck" character and it feels like they're running with the "DEAL WITH IT" catchphrase, to try and sell him as a worldbeater. Thing is, the crowd may very well shit on it BADLY and then they can't salvage Dave as a face whatsoever and they're going to have to call an audible involving Bryan. It's stupid that they're trying this hard with Batista given the reaction he's gotten and the fact that he's blown up like an eggplant after working two minutes and the fact that Orton is as bland as oatmeal, but it really depends on how the crowd and Vince reacts to Dave's promo on SD!. If he can do a good, anti-hero FUCK YOU, I'M THE GUY promo and the fans think it's cool, they're sticking with Batista, which while dumb, is their line of thinking....

He better keep his promo short. He'll be out of breath after 3 minutes.

I guess he went full heel last night. And had Ziggler job out to him (which irritates me to no end)

I guess he went full heel last night. And had Ziggler job out to him (which irritates me to no end)
    Yeah, destroying of all people Ziggler feels like they're just cutting their losses on a face Batista. I have ZERO idea why they didn't let Batista murderize Miz for five minutes with like 10 power bombs and just unleash violence. It COULD'VE worked, look at the badass Mark Henry last year, the fans love violent, cool monsters.....I think they're making the Bryan shift as we speak.

Maybe they fit Hogan into the Bryan/HHH program? They have to do something with him other than pose and he can't physically wrestle.

Maybe they fit Hogan into the Bryan/HHH program? They have to do something with him other than pose and he can't physically wrestle.
    They really didn't want to bring Hogan back at all this time around, his stock has dropped to nearly zero and he can't get medical clearance to do anything remotely physical and HHH and Steph were dead against it because Hogan gets dirty when it comes to money and payoffs(the reason he's been gone so long is because he was being pissy about his payoffs but wasn't moving the needle, ps he fucking robbed TNA BLIND with what they were paying him per appearance, it's insane!), but it's the 30th and Vince feels a tad indebted to Hulk and he'd be gold for the network launch....but if RAW was any indication, he's in the Flair spot, used sparingly, sell the product and the vintage footage but without a lot of focus because they're INCREDIBLY UNRELIABLE and at this point, can't add much to the product. For example, Hogan's music was still playing and he was still posing when they hotshotted right back to Cole to plug the network, completely no-selling Hogan's return to the level they should've. Fuck, they didn't even announce or advertise his return until TMZ leaked it and his return numbers were less than Batista's....but they didn't plug his return.

My bet, either Swagger runs into his fist or he lets Bray or Harper run into his boot and he saves Cena. Don't see Bryan getting that rub unfortunately.

People still love the Hulkster though. But I can't believe he how badly he screwed up TNA. He ruined that promotion. I liked their product before Hogan and Bichoff showed up. Now I barely watch.

Thread Information