Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread

I used to watch wrestling all the time. I occasionally check in once in while now. It's too muck like a comic book. PG and all that. They need to go back to the attitude era. In my opinion that was the best time period.
    The sad thing is, they get wrestlers in that the fans love and they fail to push them. I currently like the Shield, the Wyatt family, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk. Sadly, it looks like they are going to break the Shield up. If that happens, I can see Reigns becoming a bigger star. Ambrose will become a mid card jobber and Seth Rollins will probably fade away. The Wyatts are a cool concept group. It will be interesting to see what they will do when they break them up too. I can't see them keeping the same characters and being as successful. Poor Daniel Bryan keeps getting screwed because he doesn't have "the look". No one can deny he's an awesome wrestler. Dolph Ziggler should be elevated more into the title picture, he's a heck of a wrestler too. CM Punk is kind of like a modern day Stone Cold. Unfortunately that boat has already sailed.
    Now they want to bring in the old timers instead of building up the guys they already have and the fans want to see. Even though I love the Rock, he's better off making his movies unless he stays full time. I like Brock too, but it's hard to enjoy his return when he disappears for long periods of time. I was never a huge fan of Batista, but I think he would have been better off going to TNA or something. Maybe. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan need to retire! PLEASE! The Undertaker and Rey Mysterio are always hurt and can't perform like they used to. Time to pass the torch. Even though Randy Orton and John Cena are great performers, the WWE has burned the fans out on them. UGHHHH I'm just ranting now...
    Has anyone seen where Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith are supposedly starting a new wrestling organization. Could be interesting IF they go more adult oriented.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

Rumors are that Punk will be back tonight. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Rumors are that Punk will be back tonight. Thoughts?
    Meltzer says they pulled out all the stops to get him back for the Chicago RAW tonight, because if he's not there tonight, IT IS GOING TO GET UGLY BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!! He was saying yesterday that Punk is nearly a sure thing and that WWE has done a few weird things that would indicate Punk's return.

Thing is, he's still out the door in July unless they offer him the moon and the stars, so they're going to book him differently because while they don't want to piss him off, they also don't want to put a guy over who'll be gone(if the guy putting him over is HHH lol).

For me, HHH should come out tonight and tell Bryan that he's so sure Bryan is nothing, that if he can beat him tonight, he'll put him in the main event at Wrestlemania, then have Punk fuck HHH over and setting up Punk/HHH and putting Bryan directly into the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

For me, HHH should come out tonight and tell Bryan that he's so sure Bryan is nothing, that if he can beat him tonight, he'll put him in the main event at Wrestlemania, then have Punk fuck HHH over and setting up Punk/HHH and putting Bryan directly into the main event.
    I was thinking that is what would happen too, but wasn't HHH/Punk the ORIGINAL plan anyway? And Punk balked at that.

Punk was balking to a more wider-scheme of things the way the business is being run nowadays and specifically, the MAJOR questions regarding wrestler payoffs for PPVs once they're on the network, as that's a huge part of their earnings.

Well that was anticlimactic

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Well that was anticlimactic
    A RAW ending with HHH & Stephanie standing over a beaten down babyface in the year 2014 is fucking embarrassing, it was embarrassing in 2004 too, but at least then HHH was a good full time worker....now if it's even possible, he's got an even bigger ego, which says something.

HHH and Steph want to be heels and the centrepiece of the promotion, but won't allow themselves to be "bested" as heels are supposed to, so you end up with neutered, idiot babyfaces who never get "one up" on them and that kind of defeats the entire purpose of booking in wrestling. HHH and Steph are booked as better and far more intelligent than the rest of the roster, don't allow themselves to look badly and the product looks accordingly.

Funnily enough, here's a window into their idiotic incompetence. If you remember how over Goldust and Cody were during the last quarter of 2013, they were two of the hottest babyfaces in the company with HHH and Steph "holding them down" and things were looking awesome....until Steph thought it'd be a good idea to cut a promo with Dusty in the ring and get over on him, but Dusty-who's still a helluva promo, even today- cut her off, outtalked her and made her look bad in comparison during the promo.....and then they kiboshed the Rhodes Brotherhood push soon after, instead of running with them, since they were moving GREAT merchandise.

As for Punk. Fuck it. I'd have done the exact same thing in his situation. WWE is a billion dollar company and they're as petty as it comes and incompetent unless you blow the right horns. Punk doesn't play that game and despite being the workhorse, has been beaten down just to see the BIG MONEY paydays go to part-timers, while he does all the heavy lifting. Two jobs to The Rock in 2013 were complete and utter bullshit, but Rock's a major draw. Meanwhile, HHH jobs out Brock at WM and gives his buddies like Big Dave MAJOR paydays and you wonder why a guy like Punk gets PO'd. Then, they stop holding PPVs going forward, but won't tell the talent what it means for their money, so Punk's been pissed and it isn't about one thing. It's about disrespect, it's about the idiots running the show, it's about the Michelle Beadle incident, it's just something that built to such a point that whatever money Vince is offering Punk, STILL wasn't enough. That's very telling. Money doesn't mean EVERYTHING to Punk, but by not even coming back for a one-off with HHH at Mania, that's leaving six figures on the table for one night's work.

Fuck Hunter and Steph, Vince has been out of touch for over a decade and they're just narcissistic, egotistical jagoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if HHH puts the title on himself by the end of the year.

They're gonna have Bryant job out to HHH and Batista is gonna win the title and Cena is going to beat Wyatt with one freakin leg and Cessaro will have a great match that nobody in Stamford will care about.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBM8D92yA8

Not sure if this shows up b/c I didit on my phone but it is ddptv yoga vs hbo sports. I had a friend telling me about DDP yoga so I decided to research it and I found this link on YouTube that showed how DDP yoga had helped Jake the snake Roberts and Scott Hall I found this to be pretty interesting. Thought you guys might find it interesting so I would post it here thanks.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBM8D92yA8

Thread Information