Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Random thoughts from Raw:

I think Ryback and Big E could have a decent feud

I think AJ is getting buried by the WWE because of Punk

I think the WWE's wellness program doesn't apply to COOs who wrestle

I think I hate the way Sandow is being booked. Show no selling a punch from him and then chokeslamming Sandow for the pin sucks.

I think we may not be seeing Fandango for a while.

I think Usos, Rhodes, Real Americans, and Outlaws could have a pretty good tag match at WM if they're given enough time.

I think last night was the 39th time Kofi has jobbed to Wyatt

I think I'm cool with The Shield not breaking up.

I really wish they would have Wade Barrett wrestle every once in a while.
    They do this weird thing where they get REALLY strong on a guy(like Barrett or Ziggler or Sandow) but before investing in them enough to REALLY get him over longterm, they just job the shit out of them to Cena and Orton(and to a lesser-degree Sheamus) and then act like, "Jeez, how 'come he didn't get over? Guess they're not stars" and then they creatively abandon them and just let them flounder, and even punish them if they try to get themselves over. If I'm a Barrett right now, I call up New Japan and see what they're offering contract-wise and get the hell outta dodge before they bury him beyond repair.

Think we'll be getting an Usos/Outlaws/Rhodes Brothers for a tag title match, since I'm quite sure they've announced Cesaro for the battle royal and are looking to book the match around him.

I could see the Shield breakup being held off until May just so the turn gets a more fuller attention from the fans, so not to have it get lost in the Mania shuffle.

GODDAMN HHH is shredded to oblivion. It's absurd when you look at his physique right now, thicker than Big Dave right now lol.

AJ is DEFINITELY being punished for Punk, look for her to drop the strap at Mania to either Naomi or Nikki in some schmoz.

They've been talking about repackaging Kofi for a while. I'm praying for an RGIII-style arrogant jock gimmick, which MVP never did the right way to get the most optimum amount of heat.

Oh and Steph's the MOST OVER HEEL IN THE ENTIRE COMPANY and it's because she has complete creative freedom over her character, something they don't afford any freedom to 99% of other talent on the roster. She's drawing amazing heat and it makes her character look great....but it's not because she's simply THAT good, but comparatively she just gets to do what they should be letting the guys do, like say Ziggler etc.

Pretty decent go home show. Predictions:

Usos keep tag titles, Real Americans tease a split for latter in the night.

They give enough time to the ATG battle royal for it to be really good, Ziggler shines, Cesara and Swagger come to blows, and Big Show wins.

The Divas title match comes on and I go outside for a smoke.

The Shield dominates Kane and The NAO in a pretty shitty match.

Cena puts Wyatt WAY over

Undertaker beats Lesnar in what is a pretty disappointing match compared to what Taker has done the last few years. Brock wrestles so stiff he's going to have to tone it down too much so as not to kill 'Taker, and it's going to negatively affect the match.

Daniel Bryan beats HHH, goes on to the ME and taps out Randy Orton while Batista is outside the ring on the mat looking for an oxygen tank. All the faces in the locker room come out and hoist Bryan on their shoulders and parade him around the ring while confetti rains down and the crowd chants YES

Hogan screws up at least 3 lines.

Austin shows up and gets the biggest pop of the night.

Vinny Mac shows up, costs trips the match against Bryan. Comes up behind Hunter and hits him in the back of the head with a shovel.

Ric Flair shows up drunk.

Surprise entrants to the ATG battle royal:
    RVD
    Roddy Piper
    Y2J

Ric Flair shows up drunk with his pants around his ankles.

Is that a prop bet anywhere?
    Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 04-01-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I'm laying 10 bucks down on a surprise entrant to win that battle royal, I'm thinking either RVD, Cesaro(who isn't in it right now) or Warrior but word is, that if Rusev is in it, he's getting a major fucking push. Almost took Cody with a Goldy double-cross, but thought against it since they haven't teased it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you...
    That'd be fucking GREAT news, he's a helluva talent, but from everything I've been hearing, creative has given up on Wade, his push is over and he's gonna be stuck in the mid card unless something big happens.

I liked the Bad News Barrett gimmick, I just wish they actually let him fuckin WRESTLE. I think Rusev is gonna go in like a wrecking ball, hell he looked great at the Rumble. I still think Big Show wins.

Haha remember when he debuted in WCW and they billed him as the son of Andre? My Dad watched with me and called bullshit, "Well then why would they say that Dad?! Huh? Of course he's the son of Andre The Giant, look at him!"
    Hilarious.

I liked the Bad News Barrett gimmick, I just wish they actually let him fuckin WRESTLE. I think Rusev is gonna go in like a wrecking ball, hell he looked great at the Rumble. I still think Big Show wins.

Haha remember when he debuted in WCW and they billed him as the son of Andre? My Dad watched with me and called bullshit, "Well then why would they say that Dad?! Huh? Of course he's the son of Andre The Giant, look at him!"
    Hilarious.
    I think the only way Show winning works longterm, since the idea is for the winner to carry the goddamn five foot trophy around all year, is to have Show turn heel immediately after winning, stating the he, NOT ANDRE, is the greatest GIANT in pro wrestling history and just rip down Andre, make fun of Andre and basically be booked as a monster Andre-like heel, with Hogan searching for somebody good enough to shut Show up and slam him like he did Andre.... I think they could go an entire year with that and end it with Big E. getting a super pop.

I'd prefer Ziggler win. I really would. Or a returning CM Punk

I'd prefer Ziggler win. I really would. Or a returning CM Punk
    Dude, if Punk WERE to return they'd probably hold off until the RAW afterwards, since that's when they really want to draw a big number. IMO, if he WERE to return on Sunday, I think it'd be to fuck Bryan over hard and we get a HOT FINISH with heels standing. There are a lot of weird things about Punk's absence(such as, they haven't UTTERLY buried him). After all, the original WM plans were Batista/Orton for title, Taker/Brock, HHH/Punk, Cena/Bray and THEN Bryan/Sheamus.....seriously, despite how fucking over Bryan has been for the past year, they were going to bury him on the undercard. That's why they pulled that Bryan Wyatt turn back in December, because they wanted to cool him down. They've talked about Bryan not being worthy, being ugly and not "the guy" so much, that it starts to wear on his image to the casual fans. Can you imagine if they pushed a smaller guy like Bret or Shawn and highlighted their weaknesses or said Austin was "too southern"? It's fucking idiotic.....

Then again, these are the same people who booked Brock FUCKING Lesnar to lose to Hunter last year at Mania in front of the biggest viewership of the year and now expect us to believe that Brock can somehow "beat the streak" lol.

If you ever want to hear about how utterly fucked over Chris Jericho got around 2000 when he was at his hottest as a baby face, there are some wild stories where HHH just buried the fucker. Ditto Angle. Actually, that promo package on Monday with Steph narrating about how fans find these "false idols" only to succumb to the "superior GAME" who remains- while a great heel troll job, it is genuinely what HHH believes, he's such an egotistic dick that he kiboshed every major babyface push to keep his top spot(remember, WWE was weeks from firing a young John Cena at one point ), finding their weaknesses, exploiting them and then having Vince pull back on their push. That's why a guy like Edge or Jericho never got "over" per se to HHH's level as Trips said during the promo....shit on a guy long enough, job him long enough and fans lose interest, just look at Ziggler. Despite not drawing well(commensurate to his ridiculous push), not moving merch outside of DX and being a very, very GOOD worker(not GREAT like say, Bret, Angle, Benoit etc), but not to the level to really say, "THIS GUY'S THE FUCKING VERY BEST"....goddamn he's lucky to be where he is.

Oh and Ziggler is the fave "fan's choice" to win, it'd get the biggest pop and he's hands down the most over guy in there if they wanted to actually push somebody younger and fresh....but Rusev and Show are probably faves. Still wouldn't be shocked if Warrior were in the Royal....

Also, keep an eye out for a ridiculously long Cesaro swing on El Torito...

I'm pissed I'm going to miss the tag team title match. I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

Thread Information