Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Severe injury scratches 'TUF 18' winner Julianna Pena from UFC 171, Sarah Kaufman vol

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    IF Dana's story is what truly happened, I don't think that it's Michael Chiesa as some of the other posts have kind of hinted at. From the bolded part of Dana's statement, it sounds like it was someone from outside of the UFC. Unless I'm mistaken, Michael Chiesa is still with them.
    I don't think anyone hinted that it is Chiesa, I don't think it was him I just find it weird that he deleted it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't think anyone hinted that it is Chiesa, I don't think it was him I just find it weird that he deleted it.
    Not anyone here. I was referring to the article CAT posted.
    UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa, who trains with the 24-year-old The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 winner, wanted to remove his name from any brewing controversy, thus adding to the question of how the injury actually happened.

@danawhite @VenezuelanVixen I hope you don't think I have any fault in this....#notguilty
    — Michael Chiesa (@MikeMav22) January 30, 2014
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

Sam Sicilia Responds to Dana White's Comments on Pena:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...asnt-assaulted

Has she come out and said anything new about it?
    You have to know what you don't know.

I feel like there would be absolutely no reason for Dana to lie and all the reason in the world for the camp too. However Dana has been off his rocker lately so there is a chance he is but I doubt it, the injury is too severe to be a result of not warming up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I feel like there would be absolutely no reason for Dana to lie and all the reason in the world for the camp too. However Dana has been off his rocker lately so there is a chance he is but I doubt it, the injury is too severe to be a result of not warming up correctly.
    Dana might not be purposefully lying, but he is notorious for jumping the gun when he is simply misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Dana might not be purposefully lying, but he is notorious for jumping the gun when he is simply misinformed.
    hard to be misinformed when Pena herself called him crying telling him what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    You can tell she can bang
    Is it wrong that I snickered at that?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    hard to be misinformed when Pena herself called him crying telling him what happened.
    Actually, her story could be extremely misinformed. I'm not saying it is, but she basically just snapped her leg off and fucked up her career.. It would be hard for her not to skew the story or tell it from an unbiased point of view. From Dana's post it sounds like she was a wreck when they talked, hardly the time to get pinpoint details.

If Pena came out now, after having time to cool down and reflect on what actually happened, and repeated what she told Dana, then I would believe her. But as it stands, Dana is slinging shit everywhere, with out getting to the truth of the matter first.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Actually, her story could be extremely misinformed. I'm not saying it is, but she basically just snapped her leg off and fucked up her career.. It would be hard for her not to skew the story or tell it from an unbiased point of view. From Dana's post it sounds like she was a wreck when they talked, hardly the time to get pinpoint details.

If Pena came out now, after having time to cool down and reflect on what actually happened, and repeated what she told Dana, then I would believe her. But as it stands, Dana is slinging shit everywhere, with out getting to the truth of the matter first.
    so you're essentially saying she was lying because she was mad that she got injured?

Thread Information