Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Severe injury scratches 'TUF 18' winner Julianna Pena from UFC 171, Sarah Kaufman vol

Would that type of injury be more inclined to be from some sort of submission? Pretty severe for just not warming up totally and grappling

Quote Originally Posted by rabidsponge View Post
    Would that type of injury be more inclined to be from some sort of submission? Pretty severe for just not warming up totally and grappling
    When I szw this I got the impression that she got the injury from something else and used training as a cover up so the UFC would pay for the surgeries because I cannot see an injury this severe happening from grappling and warming up like you said.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I was looking forward to seeing her fight at my first live UFC event. Same with Darrell Montague. Hope she's able to recover from this.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Horrible news. She was a blight light in the women's division and looked like she was paving the way to be a star. She of course won the TUF women's finale proving a lot of people wrong. Such potential shown I hope she can come back and with the same tenacity that got her to where she is.

Dana White: Julianna Pena was ‘attacked’ at gym, led to devastating knee injury
    On Thursday, White was asked about the nature of the injury, and how it occurred, during the scrum on UFC 169 media day.

"It’s the worst injury I’ve ever heard of, ever, in this sport, and you hear about those types of injuries in football," he said. "Apparently, when she came into the gym -- and again, she was hysterical when I talked to her, crying -- she was training in her gym and one of her training partners, a guy, was saying to her, ‘oh, you’re wearing your Ultimate Fighter shirt, we’re real scared.’ He says that and was talking smack to her and then basically attacked her.

"He jumped on her back, started cranking her neck, and the way she fell her knee blew out. The most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard in my life. A year-and-a-half to two years she’ll be out, and I told her to leave that disgusting gym and go somewhere else with new coaches, new training partners, whatever. And that’s all I know."

White said he wasn’t sure if it was a fighter who injured Pena, but it was a man, and from what he heard it sounded like assault.

"It sounds like assault to me, but how do you consider it assault in a gym? You know what I mean?"

When told that this version of the story differed from that of her coach, Rick Little’s version of what happened -- which was that Pena, in her over-eagerness, didn’t do the proper warm up and was training with some guys before he had arrived to oversee it -- White said that wasn’t what he was told.

"That’s so far from the story she told me right after she was completely hysterical and crying, completely opposite," he said. "Completely different story from what she told me. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth."

Someone fucked that girls leg up, no way it wasnt warming up properly. Her knee basically was held on only by skin, I hope someone pays for this, her career is over, even if she recovers it will never be back to 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

i stand corrected on this subject.

A truly sad story. I saw her on the show and liked her. I wouldn't go as far as saying i was a fan. Even if i truly hated a fighter i would never wish that kind of serious injury on anyone. What makes it so tragic is how much potential she had. We probably will never know what could of been with her.

Just another athletes young career derailed by a terrible injury. I hope she can recover and make something of herself in some way shape or form.

No matter how it happened it's sad and if it happened how it was described it sickens me. I appreciate the TUF fights i saw her in more now. Her brief career if it is over, was great simply because of the heart she showed when in the cage.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

"It’s the worst injury I’ve ever heard of, ever, in this sport, and you hear about those types of injuries in football," he said. "Apparently, when she came into the gym -- and again, she was hysterical when I talked to her, crying -- she was training in her gym and one of her training partners, a guy, was saying to her, ‘oh, you’re wearing your Ultimate Fighter shirt, we’re real scared.’ He says that and was talking smack to her and then basically attacked her.
    IF Dana's story is what truly happened, I don't think that it's Michael Chiesa as some of the other posts have kind of hinted at. From the bolded part of Dana's statement, it sounds like it was someone from outside of the UFC. Unless I'm mistaken, Michael Chiesa is still with them.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis

Thread Information