Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks wants belt, two defenses, then superfight with Weidman

Default Hendricks wants belt, two defenses, then superfight with Weidman

Hendricks wants belt, two defenses, then superfight with Weidman
    Johny Hendricks is ambitious and it were completely up to win he would win the UFC welterweight title, defend it twice, then have a super fight with middleweight champion Chris Weidman:

"Yeah, that would be great, wouldn’t it?" Hendricks said. "Here’s the thing -- what do I fight now? Everybody’s six foot, six-two. There’s no height difference between 185 and 170. Everybody’s a giant.

"Here’s what I was thinking: Who in today’s age is…wanting should I say, definitely in my weight class…wants to go up a weight class and try to have two belts? Two different weight classes? I want to win [the 170-pound belt], defend it, do whatever the UFC wants me to do…hopefully I can get it, defend it a couple of times and say, ‘hey, can I move up to 185?’"

I hate that http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ uses the term "superfight" when it's not mentioned anywhere in the article they're referencing.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 01-31-2014 at 10:25 AM.

And he just jinxed himself from ever winning one title. Hi Brandon Vera.

Love the idea and attitude . Aim high , make it interesting while being respectful. I can dig it.

Whoa there big fella.....you don't even have the title let alone two defenses and a shot at a guy with one defense that ended by injury. I think there's QUITE A BIT to be settled in both of those weight classes before you go jumping around acting crazy.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Good thing he's not looking past his next opponent.

I hope Lawler KOs him in dramatic fashion. Amazing how much shit comes out of Hendricks' mouth - it's a wonder that he's not constantly wiping his mouth with toilet paper.

This should pretty much assure Lawler's victory haha
    LJS-NEMS

Lawler by KO round 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

now if only he had a title...and not lost his only attempt at getting said title....

Damn forgotten bout Lawler getting the shot against him. Always liked Lawler as a fighter and big time supporting him for this one. KO from Lawler!!!

11. 01-31-2014, 01:43 PM

Thread Information