+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks wants belt, two defenses, then superfight with Weidman

I think Hendricks does pull out a win against Lawler, but like the GSP fight it'll be a split decision that will divide fans. Maybe there's a rematch there, or the Condit/Woodley winner gets a shot. There are still fighters to face in that division if they make runs such as Ellenberger, Maia, Shields, MacDonald and Lombard.

And then there's the potential GSP comeback. If Hendricks does have the belt and GSP comes back, how does he move up and not take that fight?

Hendricks sure talks a lot for a guy coming off a loss.

I don't why so many hate on this. Is it not a good thing to have lofty ambitions and to speak about them when asked? He's not saying in any way shape or form that his plan for his career is a given. He just says its what he wants and is going to strive for. I for one love it when champs challenges themselves. Jon Jones to fight Cain Jose Aldo to fight Pettis couture fighting Sylvia. Fuck man if they are respectful and it is interesting what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    I don't why so many hate on this. Is it not a good thing to have lofty ambitions and to speak about them when asked? He's not saying in any way shape or form that his plan for his career is a given. He just says its what he wants and is going to strive for. I for one love it when champs challenges themselves. Jon Jones to fight Cain Jose Aldo to fight Pettis couture fighting Sylvia. Fuck man if they are respectful and it is interesting what's the problem?
    I think the big difference is that two people you listed (Jones and Aldo) have defended their titles successfully on numerous occasions to the point that people are wanting to see them challenged in a higher weight class. Hendricks hasn't won the title yet, and any superfight talk wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) come after two defenses. Not hating on his ambitions, but I'm stating what I think is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    He just LOST a title fight and is now essentially (IMO) devaluing the rest of the weight class.

I don't hate him for it, I just think he needs to slow down and actually accomplish something.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

1) Nothing wrong with what Hendricks said.
    2) He never called out Weidman specifically.
    3) Is champion vs champion automatically considered a superfight? Because i would hardly consider a bought between hendricks and weidman a superfight.

I like Hendricks, I really do. I even think he got robbed in the GSP fight (and I'm a GSP fan.) I don't however think he's a big enough name, nor would he be after two defences, to be considered for a "superfight." I'm not a fan of champions switching divisions when there are still people in the division that can make a genuine argument for a title shot, but if this fight were to hypothetically happen, Chris would put a real bad beating into Johny. The size difference would just be too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Don't blame a guy for using the mma it word. Super fight is in! I'm sure Dana encourages them to say it as early, and often as possible, so the fans are more turnt up for it when it happens way too early. Might as well have them fight now, yolo right? If it doesn't happen, I'd be feeling some type of way.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Hendricks did not say TWO definitively; he said a couple. You people take shit too literally sometimes. The guy was setting out his ideal version of the future, of what he would like to happen. It does not mean he demands it, it means that this is what his dream is. He is setting a high bar for himself.

Judging people is easy. Fact of the matter is that Hendricks accomplished something astounding, even if he didn't win. You people can't say you would be so stoic and reserved upon teetering on the cusp of reaching the pinnacle of your career.

Anyways, carry on picking apart the literally meaning of these poorly written articles, which are often skewed worse than TMZ in order to get views.

TLDR; Lots of haters and jellies of Hendricks

I thought of this baby when I read some of the posts in this thread:

and Lawler is just sitting back with a smile on his face. Johnny better bring his wrestling game because I doubt he out strikes Lawler, and Lawler has the power to knock his block off. Don't ever underestimate your next fight and never look past, something he should learn from the best welterweight champ the UFC has seen in GSP.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information