Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hendricks wants belt, two defenses, then superfight with Weidman

Weidman has only had two championship fights, both against Anderson Silva, and Hendricks has only fought in one championship fight, which he lost. So I don't think either one of them have accomplished enough for a fight between the two of them to be considered a "superfight".

I would consider a fight between two "over-the-hill" former champions that have great legacies a "superfight" more than I would a fight between Hendricks and Weidman a "superfight", even if Hendricks holds a championship too.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hendricks did not say TWO definitively; he said a couple. You people take shit too literally sometimes. The guy was setting out his ideal version of the future, of what he would like to happen. It does not mean he demands it, it means that this is what his dream is. He is setting a high bar for himself.

Judging people is easy. Fact of the matter is that Hendricks accomplished something astounding, even if he didn't win. You people can't say you would be so stoic and reserved upon teetering on the cusp of reaching the pinnacle of your career.

Anyways, carry on picking apart the literally meaning of these poorly written articles, which are often skewed worse than TMZ in order to get views.

TLDR; Lots of haters and jellies of Hendricks

I thought of this baby when I read some of the posts in this thread:
    A little worked up Sniggy? Nice video, lol.

Someone needs to look up the literal definition of a couple.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Someone needs to look up the literal definition of a couple.
    Really now? I stated that it was two in my post. I also said that people need to stop taking interviews with fighters literally when the fighters talk of their dreams and ambitions or who they wish to fight next.

eg. [Blank] doesn't deserve to fight [Blank] because [Blank] hasn't [Blanked] yet

Hendricks dominated GSP and he will ground Lawler into mincemeat. Regardless of what Hendricks wants, Condit will become champ once and for all in 2014.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 01-31-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Like his ambition but get that belt first. Fan of his but I'm really pulling for Robbie here. Hendricks seems have very close fights when he doesn't get the ko early. Hope Robbie can avoid that in the beginning and seal the deal with a ko.

Yeah....I think that's one of those thoughts you keep under your hat until you've won a tittle and defended it at least 2 or 3 times. Then you float that out there and defend it at least another 2. finishing each fight in impressive fashion. He didn't do himself any favors, but kudos to him if he can do it. But to paraphrase Joe Rogan, "sparring with Robbie Lawler is a terrific way to forget your childhood". And I think fighting him is a painful way to wake up with a brand new personality. Let's see.....Income Tax check, Bday in march, and this fight's in Irving, TX just 14 miles away from my house......YUUUUUUUUUP.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hendricks dominated GSP...
    OK, this is one of those times where you'll tantrum if we take you literally, right?
    Because in a very literal sense--actually, in every sense beyond hyperbole from a Hendricks fan, this part of your statement is full of nonsense.

You're free to believe that Hendricks won. I don't, but I get that people have opinions. But dominated? c'mon, son.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information