Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Fitch to fight the winner of Steve Carl vs. Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 9

Default Jon Fitch to fight the winner of Steve Carl vs. Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 9

Jon Fitch to fight the winner of Steve Carl vs. Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 9
    Rousimar Palhares will challenge Steve Carl for the WSOF welterweight title, and the next contender in the line for a shot at the gold is Jon Fitch.

Palhares vs. Carl is set to headline World Series of Fighting 9 card in Paradise, Nevada, on March 29, and WSOF executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz informed MMAFighting.com that Fitch will fight the winner of the title fight later in 2014.

"The winner will be fighting Jon Fitch," Abdel-Aziz told MMAFighting.com on Friday. "He has the next title shot."

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares

"It was a second offense," said Fitch. "Holding onto a submission too long, especially with a joint lock like that. You're talking about ending someone's career potentially. I think it was the right move (to release him). I personally wouldn't accept a fight with [Palhares] because of those. One time maybe, but not twice. I would never even compete against him honestly. If he's got that long of a history of holding onto them too long, his career should probably be done because no one should take a fight with him or a grappling match with him for that matter."

And if Fitch were offered a fight against Palhares?

"It would be the first time in my career that I turned down a fight."
    -Oct 13 2013

Wow. From "we won't sign him anytime soon" to giving Palhares an immediate title shot.

Good to see Fitch finally getting a fight lined up though. I've been seeing people asking him on Twitter when his next fight is, for the past 2 months, and him saying he didn't know but wanted to fight soon.

I'd be down to see a grappling match between Palhares and Fitch.
    I'd be down to see Palhares keep onto a hold for too long against Fitch too.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Classy.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Yeah cause Fitch is such a horrible person he deserves to be severely injured...

Did Fitch beat up you mom or something? Fitch might be a little stale to watch, but he seems like a decent enough person, why all the hate?

Fitch hides deep behind a mask of decency. But he's a horrible man....
    ...he beat up my mom.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I do find it funny that he said he'd never fight Palhares but he's calling for the winner of the fight. I wonder if he changes his tune when Rousimar finishes the fight via heel hook. I also find it funny that he gets the title shot after being choked out and winning a split decision over some nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Pretty shallow division, eh?

Thread Information