Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Weighs 212 Pounds Three Weeks From UFC 170

Wow.....that's bold.

Not that I'm sold on the outcome either way but I don't see how DC is better in every single way except reach. I don't think you can logically say that DC is more versatile in striking than Jones and I don't think you can legitimately say that his kicks are even close given what we've seen recently lol.....
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If I was a Bones fan, I wouldn't want any part of that hype train near a title shot either. If he gets by Rashad, who is more dangerous for him, but I still think he'll win, then the belt is his. He is better than Bones is every single way except reach, and I think he's shown that he can handle bigger opponents.
    i stopped reading after you said the red part. What a joke that was.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Cormier was fast for an undersized HW... Now that advantage will be gone fighting at 205..I just think Rashad will be to fast for him unless Dc just uses his wrestling
    I don't think Cormier has a distinct wrestling advantage. Rashad was a solid collegiate wrestler in his own right and i think he has better "mma wrestling" than DC.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i stopped reading after you said the red part. What a joke that was.
    Rashad has better wrestling, and knockout power. Those are two very necessary things to beat DC, in my opinion. Tell you what, Name bet for if DC ever gets a title shot, if Bones wins (if still champ) you can change my name for 2 months, and if DC wins, I can change yours for 1 month. 2-1 odds and you get to take the champ. Bet?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Rashad has better wrestling, and knockout power. Those are two very necessary things to beat DC, in my opinion. Tell you what, Name bet for if DC ever gets a title shot, if Bones wins (if still champ) you can change my name for 2 months, and if DC wins, I can change yours for 1 month. 2-1 odds and you get to take the champ. Bet?
    Sure i will take the bet, and what makes you think rashad has better wrestling? Because if that was indeed true - why didnt he attempt to use his "better" wrestling during Jones' 5 round destruction of him. His gameplan of eating elbows as hooks really showed how he matches up against Jones - so i can see how that can transition to being a tougher fight for DC................

Sure i will take the bet, and what makes you think rashad has better wrestling? Because if that was indeed true - why didnt he attempt to use his "better" wrestling during Jones' 5 round destruction of him. His gameplan of eating elbows as hooks really showed how he matches up against Jones - so i can see how that can transition to being a tougher fight for DC................
    I didn't say Bones is a terrible wrestler. I said Rashad is better. I could use the same logic you used in reference to their fight, as I recall neither were particularly excited to turn it into a wrestling match. I am well aware of the fact that Bones beat Rashad, but people match up differently against other people. DC is probably a better wrestler than both of them, however I think Rashad is more likely to stop DC's takedowns, and he offers KO power. With Bones, if it stays standing, and Bones gets the W, it will be by decision, or by slowly picking DC apart. The more ways that you are likely to be able to beat a person, the more dangerous you are to them.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Hope Rashad puts a beating on him.

I won't be convinced until the day of the weigh in quite honestly. We don't know what kind of strain the cut down to 212 put on his body or if he'll even be able to make the other 6 pounds. We've seen people miss weight by one or two pounds before and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Chael, Henderson, Davis all had better wrestling credentials then Rashad but he was able to take all 3 down and pretty much "out-wrestle" all 3.

I hope Rashad stomps a mud-hole in that ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Chael, Henderson, Davis all had better wrestling credentials then Rashad but he was able to take all 3 down and pretty much "out-wrestle" all 3.

I hope Rashad stomps a mud-hole in that ass.
    indeed. Evans will be faster and has much better striking than Cormier. I could definitely see a TKO in rnd 2 after Cormier gases.

Thread Information