Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Weighs 212 Pounds Three Weeks From UFC 170

I'm quite glad for DC that he's down this much, considering how his organs kicked out on him during the 2008 Olympics cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'm quite glad for DC that he's down this much, considering how his organs kicked out on him during the 2008 Olympics cut.
    I think Daniel Cormier and the 'science' of weight cutting have came a long way in the last 6 years. Cormier himself said he was totally going about the weight cuts wrong for many years... But then again, the damage could ready be done or exasperated with these current and future cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Cormier is a brown belt in jiu jitsu... Jones is, what, a white belt? Not that we have seen Cormier's jj shine in the UFC or Strikeforce.
    Matt Hughes was a white belt ...... how did that work out for him? lol

I just think DC is a very solid fighter who has come out and proven skeptics wrong time and again. No one thought he would be able to handle Bigfoot standing, he was given little chance against Barnett, and many thought Mir would sub him. None of that happened and he clearly dominated each fight. As a matter of fact, I don't think we've even seen him in remote trouble against some of the best guys in the sport.

LHW is a different story and Rashad is a perennial 1-3 LHW who has amazing tools. I hope to see DC tested but I'm not sold on this narrative about how Rashad will be able to both outwrestle and outstrike him. I guess that's why they fight the fights rather than just let us nominate the winners.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by slikguy View Post
    You're kidding right? DC is practically one good shit away from making weight.
    The fact that he's @212 3 weeks from fight time means he did it right by adjusting his diet and work out regime.
    Maybe so but we've seen Anthony Johnson day of the weigh in's weighing 188 for a middleweight bout just to have a doctor make him rehydrate and have him go back up to 197. I'm not saying that this will happen in Cormier's situation but I'm just saying there are so many unknowns for someone who has never made this cut before and has had such trouble cutting weight in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Jones Talks Rival Daniel Cormier: ‘I really don’t like him too much’
    It’s kind of a no-brainer. Anybody who pays attention to the sport knows who’s coming, you know who’s deserving. You’ve got to give Alexander Gustafsson the No. 1 contender spot behind Glover Teixeira. Then with the way Daniel Cormier has been performing, he’s top three at the heavyweight division. Lets see how he competes at the light heavyweight division but with the tear he’s been on, if he can continue that, it’s unquestioned that he deserves a shot, as well.

“I really don’t like [Cormier] too much, but right now he’s coming across as being good for the sport. He’s a really articulate guy. He’s doing a lot of broadcasting and commentary. He’s a winner and an Olympian. So even though I don’t like him, I do respect what he’s doing for our sport.”

In a recent interview with a CBS Local Radio Station out of Washington D.C., UFC light-heavyweight champion, Jon Jones discussed his ongoing rivalry with UFC heavyweight, turned light-heavyweight, Daniel Cormier.

212 already? Well that wasn't too hard after all . This is definately a good sign for Cormier, if he sticks to his diet he'll be fine. If he continues this gradual cut he'll have more energy come fight night as opposed to sitting in a sauna for hours.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Daniel Cormier sees Jon Jones fight happening – but maybe not for UFC title
    “If I get through Rashad Evans, I deserve that shot,” Cormier said on The Steven Austin Show. “But there’s no hype, there’s no fight-building, there’s just 100 percent truth. One day, he and I will settle that. But I don’t even know if it’ll be for the belt because if Gustafsson gets his hands back on him, I’m not so sure he can go through that again.”

Cormier said the first time he met Jones, their rivalry started. And it has built slowly over time – until starting to pick up steam when Cormier decided to drop from heavyweight to Jones’ home at light heavyweight.

“Sometimes two people just don’t get along, and that’s just how it is,” Cormier said. “We’ve never seen eye to eye, and it just doesn’t work out. I mean, the very first time I met the guy, he thought the only way to strike up conversation was to insult me. He’s just not very good socially, and that kind of led to that whole thing, but I can’t wait to get my hands on him.

“Jon and I will never be friends. We don’t talk to each other. We steer clear of each other because we know that when that cage door closes, the time that him and I are in there, then we’ll make some magic. Then it will be magic. When you watch me and Jon Jones stand across the cage from one another, it’s going to be magic. I can’t wait for that day.”

Cormier was cordial about his rivalry with Jones – with one exception: “We still don’t like Jon Jones. He’s an a–hole,” Cormier told Austin.

But when looking at his potential future adversary, Cormier said Jones’ first fight with Gustafsson may have hurt him in the long term.

“I think the effects of that fight are taking a bigger toll on Jon Jones than it did on Alexander Gustafsson,” he said. “Gustafsson was right away ready to get back in the cage with him. Jon said, ‘Nope, I’m going to fight somebody else.’ So Gustafsson moved on to the next man and then scheduled a fight, whereas Jon had three scheduled, and they had to reschedule them because I think there’s a little bit of questions in his head.”

Am I crazy or is DC the first Contender dropping a weight class without losing?

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Am I crazy or is DC the first Contender dropping a weight class without losing?

Other than some TUF winners it is really rare to see a guy just win and then still drop down in weight.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information