+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 169 Official DIscussion

If Lamas can come out for the fourth and drive through for a takedown, this could get really interesting....

Wait a second, I thought they weren't supposed to grab the cage with their toes?

Aldo grabs the cage for to maintain posture and control of Lamas' back....

Aldo seems to have broken his right leg. Looks bit swollen.

5. Default

Lamas moving well. Throws a leg kick.Lamas shoots in for a takedown, against the fence, still working for it. Lamas grinding with a single leg. Aldo reverses it. Not much going on. I think Aldo is pacing himself. Aldo with a trip, working in full guard, standing up. Arm triangle there, Lamas fights out. Aldo in half guard. Punches by both. Lamas with butterfly guard, double undercooks, Aldo takes mount, rolls to his back. Working for a rear naked, lamas fighting it off, Lamas switches it, gets up, Aldo against the cage, Lamas working for a takedown, Aldo taking big breathes, knees by Lamas, not much happening, Aldo reverses. End of round.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

6. Default

Looks like 3-1 Aldo at this point.

I think it could be argued 2-2.. but that pass to mount from full guard was one of the sweetest ive ever seen... I like the commentary sakara

8. Default

Lamas with a nice body kick, Aldo reverses against the fence, Aldo looking for a trip, takes Lamas down, full guard, not much going on. Lamas going for an omaplata, it's defended, butterfly guard by Lamas, Aldo in full mount, Lamas reverses it, Lamas on top, Aldo throws his legs up, 2 mins left, Lamas with punches from the top, body shots, in full guard, Aldo defending well, Lamas hits him good, just misses, big shot by Lamas, an elbow, Aldo looks tired, big elbow,big punch, another punch, Lamas looking good, but needs a finish, Aldo holding on for dear life, posturing up, Lamas teeing off, great finish for Lamas.

Aldo gassed as usual, Lamas took over. 49-48 Aldo. Boring fight from him yet again.

based on the judging I could score that for Lamas... I would give Aldo the nod but these judges be craayy crayy

May be important, may not....but these judges have dolled out a few 10-8s thus far and depending on how 3 and 4 were scored, hmmmmmmm.

Aldo wins this 48-46. IMO, he's awesome as hell but let's not pretend he's ghosting guys enough to jump to LW.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information