Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: UFC 169 Official DIscussion

1. Default

It doesn't matter if it was "only a matter of time" he wasn't out yet. He deserves it.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

2. Default

Urijah pure class here.

Good night of fights. 6 in the morning here. Good night folks.

Barao number 1 P4P now Dana? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    he wasn't OUT but he was on queer st... Barao was clearly better on the feet and it could have gotten much worse for Faber imo.. I agree that Faber wasn't done at that moment but it was really just a matter of time I don't really blame him

edit: a limp body?!!? really so you want the standard of stopping a fight to be a limp body??
    I don't think those punches to the side of the head would have finished Uriah, he was blocking them, and was grabbing a leg. If it got back to the feet, then yes, it was only a matter of time. I just think a veteran like Uriah deserves the benefit of the doubt. Not to take anything away from Barao, he did great. I know Herb must follow the rules but he must be allowed the leeway to exercise some professional judgement here. I think he judged wrong this time.

Oh well, sucks for Faber but he got punched into the situation in the first place so whatever.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Honestly I don't think it was a bad stoppage. You can't just lay there blocking shots and doing nothing else, and expect the fight not to get stopped. With horrible audio, I didn't hear Herb give a warning, so I'm not sure when he gave it. But from when Uriah went down, to when it was stopped, there was plenty of time for him to do something. Even if it meant him moving to a position that was worse, say on his back, it would have told the ref that he was still in it. A thumbs up? Maybe for a submission, when there isn't much else you can do without getting choked or tapped, but when you're getting hit, from watching today's MMA, you better move if you don't want it stopped.

7. Default

Bullshit stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Honestly I don't think it was a bad stoppage. You can't just lay there blocking shots and doing nothing else, and expect the fight not to get stopped. With horrible audio, I didn't hear Herb give a warning, so I'm not sure when he gave it. But from when Uriah went down, to when it was stopped, there was plenty of time for him to do something. Even if it meant him moving to a position that was worse, say on his back, it would have told the ref that he was still in it. A thumbs up? Maybe for a submission, when there isn't much else you can do without getting choked or tapped, but when you're getting hit, from watching today's MMA, you better move if you don't want it stopped.
    If it was a fight on the undercard I'd maybe agree but this was a title fight. Surely giving a thumbs up shows intelligence. Its an "I'm ok Ref" gesture. Herb Dean is the best though so he obviously didn't see it. And Barao looked like a beast as always
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Renzo, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Cro Cop, Cormier, Te Huna, Maia, Mousasi

Really a horrible stoppage, punches to the side of a protected head shouldnt warrant a stoppage, I'd like him punch himself out too if I was Faber. Gotta suck, Urijah is going to beat everyone else now and is going to have a really hard time getting a title fight, similar to Henderson I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Really a horrible stoppage, punches to the side of a protected head shouldnt warrant a stoppage, I'd like him punch himself out too if I was Faber. Gotta suck, Urijah is going to beat everyone else now and is going to have a really hard time getting a title fight, similar to Henderson I guess.
    similar to JDS as well.

Thread Information