Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JosÚ Aldo Likely Vacating Belt to Challenge Anthony Pettis for UFC Lightweight Title

If Aldo moves up, you gotta put Mendes in the title fight, with either Swanson or winner of Edgar/Bj. I really wanted a Aldo/Mendes rematch, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Look l love Bendo but he does not deserve a shot off of his performance against Thomson. He needs either an extremely impressive win or two more decent wins before I want to see him against Pettis.
    I love the guy & want to see him as champ but Aldo has definitely paid his due & deserves a shot if he moves up, its not like he is Vitor or Chael moving up.
    even if he had a spectacular performance, he still shouldn't get a title shot because he just got finished in the first round in his fight before that.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Aldo seriously has to vacate the belt for Mendes to get another shot at the strap? I still think the first fight was bullshit. Mendes would have slammed him down hard and he not grabbed the fence. Oh well, I look forward to seeing the division get shaken up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Aldo seriously has to vacate the belt for Mendes to get another shot at the strap? I still think the first fight was bullshit. Mendes would have slammed him down hard and he not grabbed the fence. Oh well, I look forward to seeing the division get shaken up a little bit.
    I think Mendes would have gotten the next shot if Aldo was staying at 145

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    So much for TJ Grant .......
    not cleared till november. wants to be on the halifax card - chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yes, Aldo grabbed the fence, but I don't know that Mendes was anywhere close to a "slam." Mendes was already getting outgrappled and did nothing with one TD that he'd finally gotten.

Mendes deserves another title shot, for sure, but I wouldn't characterize the first bout as "bullshit" by any means. I'd love to see it, but I don't see a second fight with Aldo going much different from the first one.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

So Mendes/Cub rematch for the title if/when Aldo moves up while Edgar/Penn III will likely determine the next contender. Chan Sung Jung will likely come back and maybe face Lamas in a great matchup. Poirier and Jeremy Stephens could face one another.

Some pretty good matchups on the horizon. And maybe Barao will eventually move up as well. Urijah Faber could as well if he never gets another crack at the bantamweight title, which may be likely.

8. Default

Anthony Pettis on potential Jose Aldo matchup: 'Of course I want that fight'
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/anthony...nt-that-fight/

“Of course I want that fight,” Pettis told USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie on Sunday. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“Who else is there?” Pettis said. “(Former champion) Benson Henderson just beat (Josh) Thomson, who was supposed to be the top contender. Gilbert Melendez already had his title shot. Why not (Aldo)?”
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I like Benson a lot, he's a really solid guy but he's barely in the discussion for another one at the moment. Not sure why he cares who fighting for the belt when he needs 1 or 2 more impressive wins to get back in there with Pettis. You have to put in work when you've lost twice to the champ. One close decision to Josh Thomson isn't going to cut it.

I'd like to see Mendes vs either Edgar if he beats BJ or Swanson if not. I think Pettis beats Aldo though, so he'll be back down to face the winner of that match pretty quickly, I think.

Thread Information