Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despite Alistair Overeem's callout, UFC boss says Brock Lesnar isn't returning

I was impressed by Alistair. I didn't think he would be able to neutralize mirs guard like he did.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Man Dana must be on his period or something, I have not heard anything nice or intelligent come out of his mouth in quite some time.

I think Overeem looked pretty good in that fight. He stayed loose, was light on his feet, and moved around a lot (instead of plodding forward). It is still hard to tell if he can pull off this kind of performance against a higher ranked guy, but it will be interesting to see if he can get some wins together again.

He's been in a bad mood since the GSP fight.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Reem-fail, should've called out JDS or Hunt. What a chucklehead.
    honestly if he did that people would have been like "and wtf has he done to deserve JDS stupid juicer. Shouldnt even be fighting the top 5 after going 1-2"

Its always a lose - lose situation for the reem.

He should be lobbying hard for a rematch with Bigfoot if the suspension timeline is right. That's what makes sense right now.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

6. Default

Alistair Overeem responds to Dana White's 'crappy' criticism: 'Sometimes you have to play it safe'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/3/537...-mir-fight-mma

Alistair dropped by The MMA Hour two days after his victory to defend his performance and respond to Dana's criticism.

His words:

"Dana's a very upfront character. I like that about him, I like to know where I'm at. He's entitled to his opinion, as we all are. Do i think it's fair? I think it was a very technical performance. It is what it is. I can't make more of it now. I can understand him, he's a promoter, he wants to have exciting fights. Ratings matter, fans matter, fans want exciting fights. That is important. I hope he also understands my position. I mean, of course I'm fighting in a loser leaves town match, so of course, for me, and also since the Travis fight, that has been a factor, a lot of things about my cardio. Sometimes, in life, you don't always get what you want. Of course, I'd rather had punched him out in one minute, but then, I would have gotten, 'Yeah, but he can't last three rounds.' Then maybe I wouldn't have learned my lesson from the Travis fight."
    He continues:

"Listen, I'm still that guy that wants to knock people's head off. But it is important to have that switch. Sometimes it's not possible. You can want it as hard as you want, and if I look at my history, my last fight, that was my downfall, going for that knockout. So, it's logical and I hope that viewers back home and everybody watching can understand that."
    In addition, Overeem admitted to "playing it safe" -- something he said you have to do at times -- and fought to secure the win. Something that will likely add fuel to White's fire.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Mir's face didn't look "safe" to me but you could tell he was only going at 70-80% and the guys I was with noticed the same thing.

Personally, I liked it. Guys in boxing have been doing similar for years in order to get more rounds and test out newer training techniques. That being said, everyone wanted to see reem do the hulk smash.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Overeem made a very good fight. He absolutely dominated Mir and did not gassed.

If Dana was a former fighter, or at least had any idea about what it is to be a fighter, he would understand that when you dominate 2 guys, and at the end you get KOd, then you must definitely change something for your 3rd fight, specially when you know that if you lose this one, you lose your job.
    But Dana is just a former aerobic instructor, and he would be now working at McDonalds if it was not for the Ferttitas, so you could not expect anything intelligent to come out of his mouth.

It is a little bit what happened with Fedor. He lost to Werdum and Hendo because he rushed to finish the fight and got caught.
    So then, in the Monson fight he played it very safe.

Overeem maybe indeed could have finished Mir, but after 2 loses like those, obviously you will not take risks.

As for his callout, well it was maybe a bit weird but it was not that bad. Anyway if Brock returns, I am sure that they will not match him against Overeem.

Overeem vs Cigano is a real possibility now. Overeem vs Hunt is another good option.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Reem vs Skyscraper

AO vs JDS

if not

AO vs Hunt
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information