Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White on Renan Barao stoppage: Herb Dean ‘made a mistake tonight’

Stoppage was horrible. If he didn't stop it when Barao dropped Faber and was raining down shots, idk how that stoppage could be justified. I would have liked to see a little more. Who knows? Barao could have probably punched himself out if he didn't get the finish.

Faber will go on another run anyway, he's still better than the rest of the division.

2. Default

Wanting a hack reporter to mike Herb when DW screws up cause you think he's bad mouthing him??? DW called him the best in the business,but made a mistake tonight. Now that doesn't sound like a slam to me in a job were a call doesn't get a second chance. You make it and live with it right or wrong. If they did that it wouldn't of been fare to Baro to stop it than restart it giving Faber a break. I agree it would of been nice to have seen it go on, but a early stoppage is better than a late one were life long damage could accur

I think that was a bad stoppage, he was getting hit in the glove.

I'm sure you're not the only one but many of us didn't like the stoppage. Whatever, it's over now.

I see both sides of it quite honestly. He was covering up and none of the shots were landing clean on the ground. On the other hand, he was really just covering up after being rocked pretty bad and wasn't advancing his position. I'm not siding with Herb or Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Wanting a hack reporter to mike Herb when DW screws up cause you think he's bad mouthing him??? DW called him the best in the business,but made a mistake tonight. Now that doesn't sound like a slam to me in a job were a call doesn't get a second chance...
    I didn't say he was slamming Dean. I just think it would be a great moment in sports if dana was subjected to the same scrutiny and judgment he casually drops on everyone else. He's such an overly sensitive asshole, he'd completely freak if anyone who had any prominence in the field had anything critical to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I see both sides of it quite honestly. He was covering up and none of the shots were landing clean on the ground. On the other hand, he was really just covering up after being rocked pretty bad and wasn't advancing his position. I'm not siding with Herb or Dana.
    Yes. I don't think Faber was KO'd, but I don't think it was a terrible stoppage. Waiting for your opponent to punch himself out is not an intelligent defense. Yes, he'd gotten the leg, but Faber was already rocked more than once in the round and wasn't making any attempt to advance position. If I were Dean, I'd might well have erred on the side of caution as well.

It's the official's job to minimize the unnecessary risk a fighter is exposed to in the cage, it's the fighter's job to convince them that they're still in the fight.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I don't think the stoppage was horrible, nor was it a good one either. Faber was down for the 2nd time in the fight and pretty much in turtle defence mode. His thumbs up is pretty damn hard to notice if you are the ref, I barely saw it after few replays. Had it been the 1st time Faber was hurt in that fight, I would call it a horrible stoppage, but since it wasn't I see no point in blasting Herb Dean (nor any other ref on such stoppage).
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

When herb told him to do something, he didn't mean hold his thumb out... He wasn't in a submission. He wanted him to make a move, or prove he was intelligently defending himself. He didn't do that. He held a thumb up behind his opponents leg... Lol.

Thread Information