Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dana White on Renan Barao stoppage: Herb Dean ‘made a mistake tonight’

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I wish I had seen this fight. I have nothing to go on but comments and descriptions of this ending. It seems to me though that, while it probably was an early stoppage, Faber doesn't deserve another title shot right away or even after just one more fight. Barao beat him handily in their first fight and then really put emphasis on that first win by dropping him twice in one round. How many times does Barao need to beat this guy? I really don't agree with Bang that you have to be knocked out cold to have been dominated.
    Well said.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Nice try Bang but Faber should have to get back in line, early stoppage or not Faber didn't do anything to show he deserves an immediate rematch
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thank you Kevo. That gif of Varner is magnificent!

As for Barao/Faber ending. I am seeing only a choppy version of the very end but it does seem to me that holding the back of Barao's knee with one arm and turtling with the body and other arm is effective defense. However I am wondering, because it looks like it to me, if Faber held onto Barao after the fight was stopped in the way that some fighters do when they're badly rocked and eating punches on the ground.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Thread Information