Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mousasi: Beating Lyoto Machida at UFC Fight Night 36 could result inMW title shot

Default Mousasi: Beating Lyoto Machida at UFC Fight Night 36 could result inMW title shot

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/3/537...title-shot-mma

That's what the "Dreamcatcher" told Ariel Helwani during his recent appearance on The MMA Hour. And according to Gegard, the fact that there aren't too many 185-pound contenders at the moment, might give him an edge.

His words:

"Getting the chance to fight Machida, I'm excited. Maybe I can get the chance to fight for the title after this because there is not many contenders at middleweight at this moment, I believe. So, at this moment, I'm more excited and this is a fight I cannot lose. I must win, and this is the mentality going into the fight."

Go Moose!!!!
    Amir Sadollah would like to thank: “TapouT, Sprawl, Suckerpunch Entertainment, and the inventor of the thong.”

My heart tells me this may be a snooze fest. Really like both fighters though.

Sorry Moose not gonna happen. Machida by flying knee!

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    My heart tells me this may be a snooze fest. Really like both fighters though.
    Sadly I think you are right... Machida will fall back to that elusive game of his and won't engage and we see it go to a decision that could go either way.

Unless Mousasi comes out really aggressive this one won't live up to the hype.

This fight is going to be as passive-aggressive as an argument between my wife and mother-in-law.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Yeah, even since they announced it, I've felt like this fight has "meh" written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think that this fight ends in the first either by a solid counter from Machida or a serious rush flurry by Mousasi. I also think Chris can destroy either of them.

White: Lyoto Machida could be next in line with UFC Fight Night 36 win
    “The Vitor Belfort-Chris Weidman fight has to happen first,” White said. “But yes, if Machida wins, he could possibly be next in line for a title shot.”
    “The thing that makes this 185-pound division so interesting and so exciting right now is, obviously Chris Weidman looked unbelievable in his two fights against Anderson Silva and is the new champ,” White said. “But (look) who you’ve got waiting in the wings now. You’ve got Vitor Belfort next, you have (Ronaldo) ‘Jacare’ Souza, you have Lyoto Machida, and the list goes on and on of all these nasty, nasty guys at 185 pounds. And let’s not forget, Anderson Silva could be back in a year, and he’s still the No. 1-ranked (contender) in the world. So that division has never been more exciting.”

Anderson Silva could be back in a year, and he’s still the No. 1-ranked (contender) in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information