Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mousasi: Beating Lyoto Machida at UFC Fight Night 36 could result inMW title shot

^^^exactly. No way Anderson is still #1 contender after losing both fights decisevly.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I think he means he is ranked as the #1 contender on thr UFC ranking; not that he is the closest to earning a title shot.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I think he means he is ranked as the #1 contender on thr UFC ranking; not that he is the closest to earning a title shot.
    Oh the UFC rankings....yea....

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Why is this the contender match? shouldn't it be Jacare vs Machida?
    Believe in Chimichanga's

I'm not going to come out and say the equivalent of 'these two are too good to put on a good fight', but I'll look more for the subtleties of the fight game in this match. It's unlikely we'll see either knocked out, and Machida will do everything possible to stay out of the pocket with Mousasi. If it does start to get close and dirty, look for Machida to sweep the leg and hold position for a round.

Even if everyone is being negative about this matchup, having these two in the middleweight division helps make things really exciting again. Anderson going away, new champ, new crop of very, very experienced contenders, and two years worth of solid, fresh fights. We could see Kennedy, Bisping, Machida, Jacare, Sonnen, Belfort, and Mousasi fight round robins constantly just for placing in the top five.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Machida by sumo control

I think Mousasi might win a decision here. Like everyone has said, there is a good chance it may be a dull match and i see Mousasi being the one pressing the action and therefore winning a close decision. But hopefully we're all wrong and its fight of the year. I like the styles of both guys

Thread Information