Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Johnson returns to the UFC, will face Phil Davis at UFC 172

Default Anthony Johnson returns to the UFC, will face Phil Davis at UFC 172

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/4/...vis-at-ufc-172

Anthony Johnson brings a six fight win streak with him as he returns to the UFC to face Phil Davis at UFC 172.

Anthony Johnson was in attendance at UFC 169 and was seen being taken backstage by UFC officials on multiple occasions. It wasn't exactly confirmation of speculation that Johnson would be returning to the UFC now that his World Series of Fighting contract was up, but it certainly did nothing to dampen the idea.

Dana White has now tweeted that Johnson is returning, and already has a very big fight booked:

It's an appropriate fight for both men, but there's a high degree of risk that this one could turn into a bit of a dud. Both guys are talented and both are riding impressive win streaks, but their styles aren't guaranteed to produce fireworks.
    Johnson went 7-4 in the UFC before being cut following a loss to Vitor Belfort but developed a reputation for issues with his weight, missing weight multiple times and strugging to find the right weight class. But light heavyweight has seemed to become a comfortable home for "Rumble," and a win over Phil Davis immediately puts him in the conversation as a potential title challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

In other news, Rumble comes into camp weighing 240 and claims all of his organs have shut down....except his stomach.

Just kidding.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Davis takes Johnson down, keeps him down, gets a decision.

Three round fight, Rumble has three shots to KO him....but Davis is just better at what he does IMO.

Oh yeah, and watch this be a catchweight lol.

Rumble looks like the exact same fighter he was when he left the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Davis get a third round sub ala kos/rumble.

Davis by Arm triangle in the first

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Rumble looks like the exact same fighter he was when he left the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Davis get a third round sub ala kos/rumble.
    Haven't really been impressed with him. He has put up some wins but it is really off of throwing a big punch. I don't see him cracking the top 5 in LHW or HW. The fighters just have more talent in every range.

Although, (I don't like the guy) I'm glad he did get his career turned around moving up in weight and gaining more success.

I think Johnson is coming back to the UFC a little too early. But he does add more depth to a division that needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

8. Default

Dang first fight back and gets Phil Davis? Davis is going to choke him out before the 3rd.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Dang first fight back and gets Phil Davis? Davis is going to choke him out before the 3rd.
    Win, win for the UFC.

Davis beats him and it shows WSOF's top talent cannot compete with top UFC talent.

Johnson wins, UFC has a 'new' contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Win, win for the UFC.

Davis beats him and it shows WSOF's top talent cannot compete with top UFC talent.

Johnson wins, UFC has a 'new' contender.
    Seems how he fought for the UFC 11 times before getting cut and had a winning record in the ufc before getting cut and only fought for WSOF 3 times & OF Those 3 two of them were at one point UFC fighters I don't think your statement applies

Thread Information