+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC champ Jon Jones no longer ‘talking junk’ about boxing’s Klitschko brothers

1. Default UFC champ Jon Jones no longer ‘talking junk’ about boxing’s Klitschko brothers

UFC champ Jon Jones no longer ‘talking junk’ about boxing’s Klitschko brothers
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...0382--mma.html

Remember when UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones said last year that he wanted to box one of the Klitschko brothers and thought he could beat them? It was just as crazy an idea as the idea of either of those two boxing giants having a chance against Jones in a mixed martial arts fight.

We thought so. UFC commentator Joe Rogan said so.

Turns out, Jon Jones was just joshing, y'all. Friday, "Bones" fielded questions from fans in advance of tonight's UFC 169 event in Newark.

One fan asked Jones about boxing either Wladimir or Vitali and the UFC champ smiled and chuckled. “Honestly guys, I actually never wanted to box one of the Klitschkos. I was just talking junk," Jones admitted.

"It was fun, it was really fun. But no, I respect those guys so much, what they do is amazing, very high level stuff. I am not trying to get killed. I’ll stick to mixed martial arts.”
    Well, there you have it. Perhaps Jones was joking all along or maybe after getting boxed up by Alexander Gustafsson last fall, the young champ got a better understanding of his weaknesses.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Most mature words I heard from Jones...

Im sure after Gus touched him a few times, he realized how important his size really is.

I think he realized after his last fight that getting punched in the face hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Yes, at least he realized that he has nothing to do against a pro boxer, let alone the world HW champion.

We should thank Gustafsson for putting some sense into Jones's head
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I definitely think that's a grown-up statement from JBJ.

In the immortal words of Too Short- "Game recognize game."

Jones is absolutely talented and I hope some humility does him well.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Too bad. That would have been quite painful wake up call for Jones, but I guess Gus already gave him that.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Video: Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones have incredibly awkward encounter at New York City night club
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/4/537...y-club-tmz-mma

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Video: Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones have incredibly awkward encounter at New York City night club
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/4/537...y-club-tmz-mma
    Jon Jones: TMZ created fake controversy with 'awkward encounter' video of Georges St. Pierre
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/6/538...-st-pierre-mma
    But what appeared to be an "awkward encounter" was nothing more than a fake controversy created by TMZ, as Jones explained during his trip to Capitol Hill (video of that here), insisting that he didn't realize he was standing next to "Rush" until the French-Canadian turned around.

From TMZ:

"Georges is my boy. And that was TMZ doing what TMZ does best, stirring up some controversy, some drama. What really happened was I didn't see him. So when TMZ was like -- ‘Yo! You're with Jones?' -- I was like, ‘Nah, I'm not with that dude.' When I turned around that dude was Georges. I was like, ‘Oh! That's my boy Georges!' It was TMZ trying to start up some mess, pretty much."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information