+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Junior Dos Santos switches camps, now a part of Nova Uniao

Default Junior Dos Santos switches camps, now a part of Nova Uniao

http://fansided.com/2014/02/04/junio...-uniao/#!upML7

This past weekend, at UFC 169, Nova Uniao went 2-0 in their championship bouts. Both Renan Barao and Jose Aldo retained their titles in dominant fashion over their competition. Now another former UFC champion is seemingly joining Nova Uniao, as Junior Dos Santos has reportedly left Team Nogueira. Earlier today, Brazilian MMA news outlet, Globo, reported that Dos Santos is moving to Nova Uniao

I just hope he isn't a broken man. It has got to be a tough and confusing place for a fighter to know he is stuck in a weird position. It is like Rich Franklin after his second fight with Anderson. I think that position of knowing you are second place can mess with your head and take some of the wind out of your sails. Hope he comes back solid. The HW picture can always change on a dime.

hes not leaving:

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

After his last fight he basically said that his sparring partners are not good enough, so it may be a good idea to train in other place.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

He needed to move, I thought he would of went to Blackzilians but Nova Uniao is probably better. If your not getting better and your camp isn't evolving you need to move or die in the past. I honestly feel like some fighters and camps dont move with the times and then wonder why they get blown out of the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Junior dos Santos still with Team Nogueira, calls move to Nova Uniao part of his 'evolution' as a fighter
    His words to Globo (via Bloody Elbow):

"Things were too slow. I wasn't feeling good in my way of evolving as a professional. Then I decided moving to Rio. Observing the world of MMA, it's clear to all that professor Dedé Pederneiras is one of the best coaches. There is no question of why he every year competes for the prize of the best in the world. He is a guy who I think can aggregate a lot to my game, not just with gameplan, but also for being a intelligent guy. I see the instructions that he pass to Aldo, Barão and his others fighters and I like very much. I spoke with my professor Luiz Dórea and said that was the time to test me in Rio. I came, spoke with Dedé and he treated me very well, as all of the team. Today I can train and evolve beside them."

Longtime mentor and former UFC 265-pound champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was said to be feeling betrayed by the switch, leading many to believe there may have been a rift between the two.

According to "Cigano," everything is still good on his end.

"I have all the respect for both of the Nogueiras and for all Team Nogueira. I'm Team Nogueira. The professor Dede Pederneiras knows that, everybody knows that. As I am Team Nogueira, I'm champion, the team from professor Luiz Dórea, I'm Jiu-Jitsu Northeast, the team from the professor Yuri Carlton. Today I'm training in Nova União, I think this is evolution. I learned from Minotauro himself to always pursue evolution, to learn more from the others and that is what I'm doing. I think that for my game is necessary a different kind of training, a different kind of learning and I came here to find that. Of course, I'm still Team Nogueira and I'm still going to train there regardless of who is part of the team and feel good also training with me. I need three months to be prepared. If the UFC give me this time, I fight against anyone. I have never chosen an opponent. I don't know. There is Miocic, who recently fought with Gonzaga. There is Overeem, who recently fought with Mir. Anyone of them or anyone else. The UFC has a lot of options to choose someone to fight me soon."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information