Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Belfort confident he'll be granted TRT exemption, says 'everyone is using during camp

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Dong Hyun Kim, Denis Hallman, Roy Nelson, Krzysztof Soszynski, Nam Pham, Nate Diaz, Matt Sierra, Woodley, GSP, BJ Penn ( and the list goes on) have all expressed concerns about the significant use of PEDs in mma... PED's are a problem in the UFC, no one can deny that. Vitor is getting tested bi weekly through out his camps. Anyone claiming he is the current problem is off their rocker -As TUE is currently legal and he is tested on a regular basis.. unlike most other fighters.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-05-2014 at 01:00 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No. He hasn't. People are idiots.

    rh
    I thought I read an art me here staying that he got popped after the Bisping fight. If not, whoops

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Belfort: Weidman should do extra drug testing too

    "I don’t believe (Weidman is on steroids), but people give too much importance to the treatment I religiously do with medical support," Belfort told MMAFighting.com. "And to make it fair, my opponent should also be tested with blood exams throughout his camp."

    It’s not clear yet if the Brazilian will be granted an exemption to take TRT for UFC 173, and Keith Kizer leaving the Nevada Athletic Commission could change the odds of it happening.

    "That’s not up to me," said Belfort when asked if he had better chances with Kizer out of NAC. "My job is to train and fight, and that’s what I’m doing."

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I thought I read an art me here staying that he got popped after the Bisping fight. If not, whoops
    Nope. It was announced that someone on that fight card failed their test, and everyone just immediately assumed it was Vitor. In reality it was Thiago Tavares. But following that, it was confirmation for the first time that Vitor was in fact using TRT.
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-20-2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Poor grammar

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,115

    Default

    Super-duper rooting for the new "Crippler" Chris to uncork another "destroyer".

    I have almost zero respect for Belfort.

    He's gifted- no doubt whatsoever, but ever since he was 19, he's almost certainly been gassed to the gills(Couture and others of that era have openly acknowledged that going into a fight with the young Vitor, the goal was to blow his cardio since he was so jacked), he's been popped ONCE in a losing effort to Decision Dan and when you really break down what should've been his "prime" years in PRIDE, you have a quite lame looking Vitor UD-ing Herring, Yvel, Matsui and losing to Chuck and Sakuraba him....how the heck is is that now, he's looking better at 37 than at 25??? I'd hazard that the talent disparity was far greater then during his PRIDE run than it was today, where he is fighting finely tuned athletes who are having tremendous camps at their physical peak.

    The Priscilla tragedy taken into account, you have Vitor's second run in PRIDE just looking dreadful.....now his third UFC run, he's older- almost 37, and he looks like a fucking bulldozer??? Sorry, that dog doesn't hunt for me. Input his stats into a traditional bell-curve and you see how unrealistic his performances have become.

    Given that he took part in one of my all time favourite fights(Vs. Tito), I appreciate his talents, but I think he's dirty and I think he's a hypocrite and a liar and I find his current success to be extremely suspect and asterisk filled at the very least.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Super-duper rooting for the new "Crippler" Chris to uncork another "destroyer".

    I have almost zero respect for Belfort.

    He's gifted- no doubt whatsoever, but ever since he was 19, he's almost certainly been gassed to the gills(Couture and others of that era have openly acknowledged that going into a fight with the young Vitor, the goal was to blow his cardio since he was so jacked), he's been popped ONCE in a losing effort to Decision Dan and when you really break down what should've been his "prime" years in PRIDE, you have a quite lame looking Vitor UD-ing Herring, Yvel, Matsui and losing to Chuck and Sakuraba him....how the heck is is that now, he's looking better at 37 than at 25??? I'd hazard that the talent disparity was far greater then during his PRIDE run than it was today, where he is fighting finely tuned athletes who are having tremendous camps at their physical peak.

    The Priscilla tragedy taken into account, you have Vitor's second run in PRIDE just looking dreadful.....now his third UFC run, he's older- almost 37, and he looks like a fucking bulldozer??? Sorry, that dog doesn't hunt for me. Input his stats into a traditional bell-curve and you see how unrealistic his performances have become.

    Given that he took part in one of my all time favourite fights(Vs. Tito), I appreciate his talents, but I think he's dirty and I think he's a hypocrite and a liar and I find his current success to be extremely suspect and asterisk filled at the very least.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    On the recent JRE podcast with War Machine, Joe made a comment about Vitor's chemical talents. Joe better watch out!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    On the recent JRE podcast with War Machine, Joe made a comment about Vitor's chemical talents. Joe better watch out!
    IMO, Joe is more of a company puppet than most let-on. Just listening to those UFC countdown hype videos, where he ridiculously overrates fighters to sell the card(I can appreciate the hard-sell to some degree, but he loses much credibility) and a lot of the time, what Rogan says are flat-out lies, I think this Vitor example is more of a case of him talking out of his ass (shocker, I know) and he'll promptly be put into check.

    Case and point: The way Rogan's handled the entire GSP fiasco has been so UFC party-line, it's nauseating. Starting from his unbelievably biased and ignorant commentary of the Hendricks fight which tremendously skewed a lot of the mainstream perception of that fight and his unprofessional comments during the post-fight and on subsequent broadcasts, where he's really diminished GSP's accomplishments and stated that he thought and "most of people thought Hendricks won" feels like he's either an idiot or saying what the company wants him to say.

    It's no secret that I have disdain for Rogan and his horrendously biased commentary and idiotic comments. There are fighters he blows unrelentingly(Kongo) and others he rags on without end(see- Gonzaga, Nelson).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •