Thread: rafael dos anjos vs. khabib nurmagomedov at UFC on fox 11

Default rafael dos anjos vs. khabib nurmagomedov at UFC on fox 11

A lightweight showdown between Rafael dos Anjos and Khabib Nurmagomedov is set for UFC on FOX 11 on April 19 in Orlando, Fla.

Dos Anjos was slated to face Rustam Khabilov at UFC 170, but that was canceled because of an injury to Khabilov, according to UFC officials Tuesday.

Dos Anjos has won five straight fights, including a unanimous decision win over Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 27 this past August.

Nurmagomedov has also won five straight fights. He defeated Pat Healy via unanimous decision at UFC 165 this past September.

Fabricio Werdum will face Travis Browne in the main event.
    source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/...-ufc-on-fox-11

I think khabib wins by decision. war khabib!

Excellent, sensical matchup....where the heck does this put Nate and Gil though???

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Excellent, sensical matchup....where the heck does this put Nate and Gil though???
    As the best two lightweights in the world hommie. Stockton 209 muthafucka wut!

Seriously though after avoiding the fight with Khabib like that they'll probably both be given easy fights, lose, and call for title shots.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think they're keeping Gilby on the sidelines until they decide whether or not they're doing Aldo/Pettis this summer.

As far as Nick goes, Diaz gonna Diaz I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think they're keeping Gilby on the sidelines until they decide whether or not they're doing Aldo/Pettis this summer.

As far as Nick goes, Diaz gonna Diaz I guess.
    I was talking about Nate though. Not taking the Khabib fight and now RDA occupied and Grant's ETA still murky at best....who does he get after walking through Gray? There's like Bobby Green(not a name) and Jim Miller(whom he's already beaten), so I don't see him getting those and Michael Johnson is busy(and possibly not ready for Nate)...I'm thinking Joe Lauzon or maybe Matt Wiman(who, coming off a loss and long layoff seems unlikely)....seems like he's just waiting to get handed a non-wrestler jay-brone.

As for Gil, or as I like to call him "The Gildozer", I think him waiting on the sidelines for Aldo/Pettis is probable, but I'm just wondering, on a one-fight win streak, if it might be worthwhile for him to get another win on his resume. I also still wanna see him and Frankie in a five-round super fight, maybe at 145....
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 02-05-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Nick, Nate, whatever.

Give him Diego Sanchez if he gets by Miles Jury, that fight makes sense on a few levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Nick, Nate, whatever.

Give him Diego Sanchez if he gets by Miles Jury, that fight makes sense on a few levels.
    I'll be interested to see how the book Jury if he gets past Diego(which I think he will), especially since he has a win over Johnson.

As awesome as Diego fights are, he A.) Can't keep absorbing this level of punishment forever and B.) just....doesn't fight smart.....at all.

UFC on Fox 11 is going to be awesome. Holy smokes.

Thread Information